Author Topic: avast! 2014 Causes IE10 BEX64 Crash If Automatic Configuration Script Is Enabled  (Read 20202 times)

rcranium

Same problem here - IE11 with Automatic Configuration Script enabled and running avast! 2014 (9.0.2011).  Using wpad.dat script to Squid 2.7 Proxy server.  Only fix is to use manual proxy settings which limits advanced options for my proxy configuration.

Offline nhoeller

I provided more information avast! Support.  The latest update is that "This issue will be fixed in the next program update."  I will wait with great anticipation, but test carefully.

Offline nhoeller

I dutifully installed 9.0.2012 - no improvement.  I even upgraded to 9.0.2013 - still no change.

Since then, I have not received any response from avast! support even after multiple requests for updates.  At this point, I am not sure what I can do to help get this problem resolved.  Maybe others who are experiencing the IE crash with Automatic configuration scripts enabled should open tickets as well in the hopes that this will get the problem additional priority. 

If anyone has ideas about what additional information could be gathered to narrow down the problem, I am willing to do further problem determination.  No dump appears to be triggered by the failure.  The event log information is not particularly useful.  I ran a process trace but could not find the failure, possibly due to incorrect filters.

Thanks, Norbert

fplatel

Hello
I have the same issue, fortunately I use Firefox but sometimes IE is necessary for some websites that don't show correctly on FF.
Any news about this issue ? I have the latest Avast version (2014.9.0.2013).
Thanks
Fabrice

Offline nhoeller

@fplatel, I sent a letter to avast! USA on February 17th complaining about the lack of communication on this issue and pointing out the growing number of reports.  To date, I have not had any response, but then it was 'snail mail'.  I will call them next week to escalate.

Offline nhoeller

I was informed yesterday that 2014.9.0.2016 has been released and fixes the problem.  I upgraded this morning through the avast! user interface.  So far, testing has been SUCCESSFUL!  I still want to go through a system reboot and won't be doing cartwheels until at least a week has gone by but things are looking promising.