Author Topic: Window too large after restart to finish an upgrade version of avast  (Read 3699 times)

jrukim

The open window after the restart, to confirm the upgrades to new versions of avast, is so large that it does not  fit on  the display of HP mini notebooks. The window only have the "X" to close,  and the "-" to minimize it I try all possible configurations to get access to to "Continue" bottom, and nothing solved this issue. The only workaround is to connect the notebook to a large external monitor and than, seeing the window on full size, I can click on "continue" button.
Rgds
jrukim

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Window too large after restart to finish an upgrade version of avast
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 05:27:38 PM »
No need to post this. If you would have used the search option on this webboard, you would have know that this is already a known issue.

jrukim

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 05:32:30 PM »
Sorry about that and trouble

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 07:16:18 PM »
No need to be sorry. I was just giving a tip.
Many problems/issues have already been posted and/or solved.
So if you search first, you may already find a solution.
That is much faster than posting and waiting/hoping for someone to reply/help ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 03:21:39 PM »
Jrukim, which is your video resolution (in the computer that avast! window is not fitting in the screen).
The best things in life are free.

jrukim

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:47:46 PM »
Eddy
After your post, I tried to find this issue on a previous post but I didn't find none. I will be glad if you give me the link to it.
Rgds

Tech
I have tried all possible resolutions on that notebook the default   1024x600 and 800x600. I also tried to change the size of text but in all of them the "continue"  is always outside the bottom of screen.
Rgds

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 06:07:52 PM »
Tech
I have tried all possible resolutions on that notebook the default   1024x600 and 800x600. I also tried to change the size of text but in all of them the "continue"  is always outside the bottom of screen.
Rgds                                                                               
There is an icon of avast in the task bar when you see that window.
If you right click the icon with the Shift key pressed, can you change the size of the window?

jrukim

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 06:21:42 PM »
Tech
Now I am not in that issue Because i did the work around connecting the notebook to an external monitor. I will try that on next upgrade. However I tried to do that with avast already  running and the window of avast (smaller and visible than the other one )  opens in same size pressing or no the shift key.

jrukim

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 07:16:31 PM »
I read all the works around this issue and, as I said, i used another one connecting the notebook to an external monitor.  I think the best one is avast team configure a smaller window to avoid this. Is it so difficult ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 07:25:30 PM »
opens in same size pressing or no the shift key.
I'm not saying to open avast but to click in the icon on task bar of an already opened window.

jrukim

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 07:33:11 PM »
Yes I tried that on task bar  after opening avast  on a  window saying that all is okay. As soon as I have to upgrade I will try again on the finishing installion window
tks