Author Topic: Outlook - Remove from Server Issue when deleted from "Deleted Items" not working  (Read 3427 times)

avtcomm1

I have my Outlook settings so that emails are removed from server when deleted from the " Deleted Items". However, I beleive that Avast Antivirus is stopping this from happeneing, and I still have to delete them on another computer to get them removed from the server. This means I am having to delete the emails twice. Does anyone else have this problem, or know a get around.
John.

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
I don't think that avast can cause this. Don't forget that after you delete the mail from "deleted items", the mail on the server will not be deleted until you connect to the server and check for new mail.

What Outlook do you use ?

avtcomm1

We are using Microsoft Outlook 2002 SP3.

I appreciate that you subsequently need to connect to the server for the emails to be deleted. Outlook is set to send and receive on a 5 min timescale, as we have Broadband and are continually connected.

Even when we do a manual send and receive, we still have the problem.

I have two other computers that collect my email too, and they are set up in the same way. They delete the emails (mainly Spam) from the server when deleting from the "deleted Items". However, these do not have avast on them, only Norton Internet Security.

The only thing I can see as different, is avast.

When you delete from the deleted items, the avast icon flashes in the tray at the bottom Right Hand side of the window. This leads me to believe that it is having some action on the deleting process, and therefore, incurring the problem as mentioned.