Author Topic: Avast Premier - can't install, can't uninstall  (Read 6409 times)

JEofVA

Avast Premier - can't install, can't uninstall
« on: November 12, 2013, 11:40:48 PM »
I have attempted to install Avast Premier (ver: 9.0.2007) as a third out of three license on a Windows Vista desktop computer.  The initial install failed, but when I went to uninstall it (to try again), it wouldn't uninstall.  I tried as many ways as I could think of to uninstall the program (or even repair it), but nothing worked. (I tried using the Avast uninstall, I tried Control Panel=>Programs and Features, and I tried CCleaner's uninstall.)  I even tried using CCleaner to clean the registry, after which I tried to uninstall but no luck.  In fact, in desperation, I went so far as to attempt  to just delete the program files from the C:\Program Files directory (with the thought of cleaning up the mess with CCleaner's Registry repair), but I was blocked from deleting any files, even one at a time. 

On top of all that, I now find that the keyboard won't work.  I have to turn on the Accessories=>System Tools=>On-screen Keyboard to log in, or enter data.  (The keyboard works fine on my other computers.)

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to remedy one or all of these problems?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Avast Premier - can't install, can't uninstall
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 11:47:50 PM »
could you try to uninstall with avast uninstall utility? http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB10#idt_02
IMO, fresh reinstall then should work fine...
Quality is also a feature.