Author Topic: Blocked DLNA???  (Read 9847 times)

Offline savage2000wwe

Blocked DLNA???
« on: October 17, 2013, 03:37:44 AM »
Hi,

I am using windows 7..firefox. I updated my paid Avast to 2014 9.0.2006 yesterday.   What I found was that my LG TV no longer found my DLNA server - it was greyed out.   I have XBMC, Nero MediaHome as well as Plex, but the tv could not connect.   TV is connected to the internet via an Ethernet cable and it is connected to the internet.  My laptop's internet connection is also fine, but the TV cannot find any DLNA server.   I tried several things, but nothing worked.   I then decided to run a System Restore to wind the laptop back to two days ago.  Avast update was the only software installed over this 2 day period.   

In short, I now have my older version of Avast back.   I tested the TV...Plex now works and the DLNA server can now be found by the tv.

Did I do something wrong when I installed Avast 2014 to cause this DLNA server issue?  Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Paul

stukindaguy

Re: Blocked DLNA???
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 03:57:54 AM »
I have the exact same problem, DLNA is blocked with AIS enabled, if I stop the firewall, it works perfectly. I was on the phone with an avast! technician last night. He didn't know the problem, all the rules were set appropriately. I think we'll just need to wait until a program update that fixes this issue with the firewall. Until then, if you need a firewall at all times, just roll back to 2013.

Offline savage2000wwe

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 04:02:59 AM »
Thanks stukindaguy,

Yup...as already stated, I have already rolled it back to Avast 2013.   Everything is now perfect again.   I hope Avast can fix this bug asap.   For those interested, I am using Avast Internet Security (forgot to mention this in my initial post).

Paul

Offline savage2000wwe

Blocked DLNA???
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 01:00:28 AM »
Any ideas anyone?

Win7user

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 09:06:23 AM »
I have the same issue with paid version.
Any feedback received from avast ?

sschauer

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:24:17 AM »
Okay I figured out a work around since Avast is taking too long to fix this issue...

1.  go into the application rules then find your plex rules -- then delete each rule and then delete the group
2.  then go to TOOLS then FIREWALL then in the lower right corner click SETTINGS
3.  under the default rules section check the box that says "use separate settings..."
4.  under home/low risk zone change the option to ALLOW

So this is a work around... it's not the most ideal workaround since it does open up some security holes but its better than completely turning off the firewall and leaving your computer exposed

jrswindler

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 05:18:56 PM »
Tried both methods and still not working.

GreggH

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 05:25:43 PM »
Gentlemen....

Try updating to 9.0.2007. To the best of my knowledge, your problem should be fixed in that update. Mine was. I was unable to see the DLNA server using my Sony BluRay player unless the firewall was off, however, updating to 9.0.2007 took care of the problem and now my Sony player has no problem connecting to my computer.

Gregg

stukindaguy

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 06:48:44 PM »
As an update, the 2007 update has solved my DLNA issues.

Win7user

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 06:58:06 AM »
Same here. In version 2014.9.0.2007 the issue seems to be resolved. My DLNA is working again.
Win7 Professional

Offline savage2000wwe

Blocked DLNA???
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 12:02:50 AM »
Hi everyone,

To those that responded - than-you.

I just updated Avast this morning (on your recommendation that this error has been corrected) and I wanted to confirm that my pc and tv are once again friends and 'talking' with one another.   Problem has been fixed :-)

Thanks again.

Oh...by the way, a new version came out today and that is the one that I downloaded - Avast! Free Antivirus 9.0.2008