Author Topic: Exclusions clearing in Avast 9.0.2008 Free  (Read 1730 times)

bikemanAMD

Exclusions clearing in Avast 9.0.2008 Free
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:56:36 PM »
Hi All

Excluded a Game this morning, signed out of Computers Admin Account, back into my User account, well Game was laggy and crashing a lot, so checked Avast again, and Exclusion list completely clear.   Any idea how that happened or why it happened?  i'm sure I set them before I started the game, I guess will exit the game shortly and re exclude and see if it happens again, just wanted to report in case anyone else has had a similar issue

dprout69

Re: Exclusions clearing in Avast 9.0.2008 Free
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 12:30:01 AM »
It doesn't work correctly... shocker. 

Exclusions will work if you get a pop up and click add exclusions but if you add them directly and click ok they erase

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 05:20:34 AM »
The exclusions have been fixed for me from the previous minor release.

Added exclusions directly into 'File paths' and 'DeepScreen' stays put even after reboot.

Windows 8.1 here

dprout69

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 08:51:09 AM »
I stand corrected... just tried it and it did work manually adding the entry.  Have no idea whey they didn''t list that as a fix but moving forward...

To the OP just want to make sure... your subject says 2008 but your signature says 2007... make sure you have the 2008 version.  Beyond that don't know why it would have cleared unless that's another bug or possibly you just "thought" you hit OK to save the list?