Author Topic: Daily Malware Threat Notification  (Read 6972 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Daily Malware Threat Notification
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »
Screenshot is good enough with no threat detected :)

Could you screenshot the Avast popup when it appears as that contains more data than the web page shows

heleneschoubye

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 11:13:59 PM »
Following this thread as I am experiencing excatly the same. Same popup each time I open the computer, - avast says its blocked - all is safe.
From what I read in this post it seems that the things you have tried have really had no effect, is that correct understood ?

Just checking, cause no need to go through the same process if it doesnt help anything ...

I didnt initially think it was 'on my computer' but more an attempt from outside to try to 'get into my computer' but that this had been blocked ?

(just adding, I am no expert on computers, just a simple user with avast)

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 11:33:05 PM »
This appears to be something trying to connect to that location at boot.  It may be an innocuous game trying to update but it does need to be confirmed

evamahan

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 01:25:06 AM »
Well, for me things have changed. Ever since Avast installed their very large up-date yesterday morning, I've not seen the malware notification at all. I've had some trouble getting the computer to shut down...it tries to 'log off' for so long that I finally have to just push the power button. So something still seems to be awry, but I've got no new screenshot, or anything to add. Could the up-date have banished the rabbit? Or has it taken a new form? Maybe nothing's wrong at all.

Helen, I'm sorry to hear that you've got a similar problem, but you've come to the right place to receive help! Though not from me. lol Best wishes on that.

So, Sir Essex, if you think there is still something that I need to do, I await your instructions. Thank you for all your help.  :)

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »
Mayhap the reason I could not find it was because it was an FP :)  Could you run for another day or so and if all is well then I will remove my tools