Author Topic: 60 day demo lasts 4 days  (Read 1850 times)

docdeh

60 day demo lasts 4 days
« on: June 02, 2005, 06:37:30 PM »
At our small organization we are trying Avast! as an anti-virus tool. In mid-May I downloaded the trials for our three servers and 12 desktops. It's all working fine except on one desktop. On that one we get a message every four days or so that the trial period has expired. It's a 60-day trial, so we know it hasn't expired. And that's the only machine on which it's happening. We installed from the same .exe file on all the desktop machines.

We tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling, but tstill on only that one machine we get this frequent announcement of expiration. The software and O/S setup on that machine is the same as the other 11 in the office.

What's happening?

Dave

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: 60 day demo lasts 4 days
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 06:50:55 PM »
If you have uninstalled the program (it is assumed you have finished the trial), unfortunately there is an anti-piracy/hacking element to stop it being uninstalled after 60 days and reinstalled.

I you have had a problem with the system date on this machine that could also trigger the expiry, if the system date is earlier than the install date or the system date exceeds the trial end date.

I'm not sure if there is an easy solution to this problem with the trial version on that machine. Hopefully one of the Alwil team should see this and suggest a solution.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security