Author Topic: VBS Flufferminer -D[Trj] detected  (Read 28412 times)

mv54

Re: VBS Flufferminer -D[Trj] detected
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »
I'm also having the same problem. I did a virus scan on Virustotal and Avast is the only one that seems to think the file is a virus. I haven't done anything to the file as everything points to a FP.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/dc8e8178619073562e6e32d184e64623ef5037d219d72241e2e52fe0d8c852ff/analysis/1384459728/

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 09:26:55 PM »
@mv54:

The file is really new (First submitted 7 hours ago) so please wait some time and rescan the file in some days.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

tommytinkroom

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 10:36:39 PM »
I deleted this vbs flufferminer,have i done any damage to my system,being as it's an FP?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 11:12:03 PM »
No it will do no harm .. I have uploaded a file that was found on my system during a screensaver scan as an FP
If you could do the same

win8

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 12:46:02 AM »
Have you recently used USB flash drive?

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.

• After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Post logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
Please download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.

Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool.
  • Select Yes if prompted to download the Avast database.

• Click Scan

• Upon completion of the scan ( Scan finished successfully ) click Save log and save it to your desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review.
    Note: do NOT attempt any Fix yet.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Under Optional Scan ensure "List BCD" and "Driver MD5" are ticked.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

These are my two reports.

I have no error like that at the second screenshot of @muppetlol post above.
I decided to select to move the virus to the virus chest with the fourth option.
I have just run fully scan of Malwarebytes without any warning.

What I have to do next?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 11:46:17 AM by win8 »

Offline muppetlol

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 02:35:53 AM »
No it will do no harm .. I have uploaded a file that was found on my system during a screensaver scan as an FP
If you could do the same
I understand that a lot of users are having this VBS Flufferminer -D[Trj] , however has it been confirmed that it is a FP since a lot of people are getting?
Does it mean my computer is safe to use and is not infected?

PennyKnight

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 02:45:30 AM »
I'm also having the same problem. I did a virus scan on Virustotal and Avast is the only one that seems to think the file is a virus. I haven't done anything to the file as everything points to a FP.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/dc8e8178619073562e6e32d184e64623ef5037d219d72241e2e52fe0d8c852ff/analysis/1384459728/

1/46 on VT as well.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9aac47f8516c0ae96c144c7afd0613474b90827ef02472f0b25fece93656ec29/analysis/1384479633/

Offline muppetlol

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 03:24:20 AM »

1/46 on VT as well.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9aac47f8516c0ae96c144c7afd0613474b90827ef02472f0b25fece93656ec29/analysis/1384479633/
Just put it into the chest for now

lizardking64

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 09:29:03 AM »
I'm definitely thinking FP.  It happens.  Saw the little red virus alert box when I got in front of the computer this am - momentary fear, but seeing location in the Windows Defender folder - not so much. Will be ready if the customers call about this issue today  :)

Eric
Lizardwebs Raleigh Computer Repair

StopFalseFlags

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »
Three hours wasted yesterday and today on this, and another FalseFlag in "c:\Intel\Logs\IntelGFXCoin.log".

The amount of false positives that Avast is recently raising, and the fecklessness of their support will drive us to another AV client. The software/company has nosedived of late.

Eerie Eel Lloyd

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 02:37:42 PM »
The exact same thing just happened to me. The Avast program said it found a vbs:flufferminer-D virus in the same windows defender folder as what you said, and I too had just updated my Windows 7 with about 12 new updates just hours before. Got rid of it and then did the recommended boot scan. Said it had now reappeared in a Windows file, and was I sure I wanted to delete it. It was in the Avast folder that resides in the Windows folder, so I quarantined it with no ill-effects. So it seems to me that Avast isn't recognizing something in one of the new Windows updates for what it really is and it thinks its something bad. I mean, what are the chances of that Windows Defender file being corrupt direct from Microsoft and then only people with Avast get it...? Never happen.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:46:38 PM by Eerie Eel Lloyd »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 03:03:52 PM »
Assessed as an FP awaiting Avast confirmation

ezidor

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 09:09:54 PM »
Are we sure this isn't just a false positive? I'm showing the exact same infection in the exact same file. It only appeared as a threat to Avast after the recent set of Windows updates, which included a bunch of security updates for Windows Defender. What are the odds of that?

Greetings

I got exactly the same problem last days simultaneously on 4 PC and 2 notebooks (WIFI without physical links, and no use of USB drive/key) at the same time/same place :
C:\Windows\Temp\_avast_ (a "temp file" don't remember the name) that was correctly deleted after reboot
Since yesterday
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\mpcache-1927DB...FBFA.bin.vb
But strange : no typical trace of this TRJ after register deep seeking in safe mode  :-\

Does anyone knows more about this ?

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:04:43 AM by ezidor »

Vidragko

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 09:26:33 PM »
Have you recently used USB flash drive?

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.

• After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Post logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
Please download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.

Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool.
  • Select Yes if prompted to download the Avast database.

• Click Scan

• Upon completion of the scan ( Scan finished successfully ) click Save log and save it to your desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review.
    Note: do NOT attempt any Fix yet.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Under Optional Scan ensure "List BCD" and "Driver MD5" are ticked.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Same problem here ! Did all that above, filew attached! Can't figure something out ! Someone explain/help please . Oh, and  What is an FP ?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 10:06:45 PM »
Issue has been resolved with the latest VPS update