Author Topic: Avast 4.6 & PGP 9.0.x secure proxy  (Read 3787 times)

Mark Xap

Avast 4.6 & PGP 9.0.x secure proxy
« on: June 08, 2005, 10:56:35 AM »
Has anyone been able to get Avast! to scan e-mail when using the secure proxy feature of PGP 9.0.x?

I've tried all sorts of port changes in mail client/Avast!/PGP in an effort to get them to play nice together but PGP just seems to process incoming and out going mail and Avast! doesn't get a chance to scan. I was checking things and noticed the Anti-Virus headers were not getting inserted so I turned on "Detailed Info on Performed Action" - it confirms that Avast! is shut out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast 4.6 & PGP 9.0.x secure proxy
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 10:58:52 AM »
First of all - what operating system and what e-mail client do you use?

Mark Xap

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 06:13:15 PM »
Ack! Very sorry - I should have thought of that.

PGP 9.0.1 (build 2185)

As for clients - I've tried Outlook 2003, Mozilla Thunderbird (MOOX 1.02 M3) and the current Eudora version.

The PGP proxy seems to "listen" to the same transport as Avast! and then passes it direct to the MTA (using TLS if available) etc.

I note that some AV solutions are listed as supported by PGP 9.x.x - but not Avast! :(

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 07:26:55 PM »
Well, I'm not an expert on the proxy stuff, so I'd rather wait for Lukor...
However, are you saying that even Outlook 2003 didn't work? Did you use the avast! Outlook/Exchange plugin, or the Internet Mail provider? I'd say it should work with the Outlook plugin, because there's no proxy involved there.