Author Topic: avast! Online Security Plugin Crashing Firefox  (Read 2289 times)

Oga91

avast! Online Security Plugin Crashing Firefox
« on: November 30, 2013, 03:54:32 AM »
So, for the last few days I've been having an issue with Firefox (version 25.0.1) crashing while pulling up search results with Google. After some basic troubleshooting I narrowed it down to the avast! Online Security plugin. Disabling the plugin and rebooting Firefox completely removes the issue and Firefox performs fine, no crashes during Google searches. Enabling it and attempting to do a search immediately crashes Firefox again. I've tested it several times to make sure it's not just coincidence. Any ideas as to why the avast plugin would be causing this issue or what I can do to fix it? I'd like to be able to use the plugin. Next step is reinstalling both I suppose, but wanted to check by here first in case there's an obvious/easy answer I'm just missing.. Thanks for any help!

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
Re: avast! Online Security Plugin Crashing Firefox
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 07:49:53 AM »
I had a similar issue with IE10 when my Avast Free Edition was version 2014.9.0.2007.  I then reported to Avast Support via Support ticket and also mentioned it to this forum. After few weeks Avast released version 2014.9.0.2008, after that I installed that update and the issue with Avast Online Security with IE10 causing IE10 to load up it's homepage really slow was gone and I installed IE11. After that everything came back to normal and working fine.

I don't use Firefox anymore, only Google Chrome and IE11. I doubt re installing both won't do any good. I suggest you submit a support ticket to Avast Support and telling them about the issue you are facing with Firefox.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:52:21 AM by Staticguy »
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2