Author Topic: Some Files Could Not Be Scanned  (Read 2422 times)

Alicia82

Some Files Could Not Be Scanned
« on: November 17, 2013, 03:46:31 PM »
To double check that the FlufferMiner issue had been resolved from the other day, I ran another quick scan this morning. Everything appears to be okay but a few files could not be scanned (please see screen shots). I'm not familiar with 'snapshot' so I don't know why it's showing up or why it's un-scannable. Should I do anything or let it take care of itself?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Some Files Could Not Be Scanned
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 03:52:36 PM »
Are you using Eclipse ?

Possible reasons that something can't be scanned:
- The file is password protected (e.g. a zip file)
- The file/folder was a temporary one and is not there anymore
- The file/folder is protected by security software or malware.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 03:53:18 PM »
there are many reasons why files cant be scanned (avast will tell you the reason)   ;)    and it is nothing to worry about, just a scan error Message
this is also this forums most frequently asked question....so lots of info for those who use forum search

in Your case the reason is The system can not find the file specified  this scan error is usually gone if you reboot and scan again

Alicia82

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 03:57:30 PM »
Thanks, Eddy and Pondus.
     Eddy, I don't use Eclipse...I've never even heard of it. Pondus, sorry about that. I know I should do a forum search first - I kind of panic when I see something I'm not familiar with. I'll try to make it a habit to look first and ask questions later. :)