Author Topic: Avast (program version) not auto-updating  (Read 5386 times)

rafaelluik

Avast (program version) not auto-updating
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:14:26 PM »
I've got avast! set to update automatically when new versions are available but it's been days since a new version became available (9.0.2007) and it's still at 9.0.2006. My PC, my parents PC, my friends PC... They're all stuck at the older version despite configured to auto-update.

I tried restarting the PCs but that didn't solve the issue...
If I go to the settings -> update, ironically it says a newer version is available (if I hit update it starts downloading it from 0% so it's not like it was waiting a confirmation or something).
This is in a clean 9.0.2006 install and also in installs that I manually updated from 8 to 9.

I actually don't recall when it was the last time I hadn't to manually update because the auto-update mechanism doesn't works, I think it's been like that in version 8 and probably 7 too.

I don't use any proxy, and my friends for example use completely different connections so that's not the issue, avast! is free to do whatever it wants but it simply doesn't...

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast (program version) not auto-updating
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »
I've got avast! set to update automatically when new versions are available but it's been days since a new version became available (9.0.2007) and it's still at 9.0.2006. My PC, my parents PC, my friends PC... They're all stuck at the older version despite configured to auto-update.

I tried restarting the PCs but that didn't solve the issue...
If I go to the settings -> update, ironically it says a newer version is available (if I hit update it starts downloading it from 0% so it's not like it was waiting a confirmation or something).
This is in a clean 9.0.2006 install and also in installs that I manually updated from 8 to 9.

I actually don't recall when it was the last time I hadn't to manually update because the auto-update mechanism doesn't works, I think it's been like that in version 8 and probably 7 too.

I don't use any proxy, and my friends for example use completely different connections so that's not the issue, avast! is free to do whatever it wants but it simply doesn't...

The auto program update can take weeks. It depends on the server loads etc.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

rafaelluik

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 10:23:25 PM »
I just found this topic now.

Sorry for the duplicate. I'll report back if the program isn't auto-updated in a couple of weeks.

rafaelluik

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 03:47:10 AM »
It still hasn't been auto-updated past X.2006 up to today.

Something is broken...

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 02:42:36 PM »
Have you tried a manual update ?

Offline drake127

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 03:44:08 PM »
There is still time to about mid december.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 09:10:47 PM »
It still hasn't been auto-updated past X.2006 up to today.
Something is broken...
Did it update by itself or you needed to do it manually?

Have you tried a manual update ?
It's not relevant when you have it installed on many computers - on some cases you don't want people to start doing it by themselves.
Besides, it should occur automatically. The main reason is security - you should want it to be updated as soon as possible.

There is still time to about mid december.
But it's more than a month!
Let say a few days.
You know what - maybe a week or two.
But more than a month for a program update? Why?
Even if they have a lot of users, it should update more frequently.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:21:06 PM by Oz Edri »