Author Topic: help with some files  (Read 1687 times)

reginamay

help with some files
« on: February 06, 2014, 04:06:46 PM »
When I scan for viruses and after scan is completed, the error message I get from avast is some files could not be scanned, I click to read the error message and i see some files i have but not know why they cannot be scanned,  any one know what to do? thank you

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: help with some files
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 04:11:05 PM »
see some files i have but not know why they cannot be scanned,
why should be displayed at the scan result....

attach a screenshot of the scan result here

files that can not be scanned is this forums most frequently asked question, so plenty info if you forum search..

reginamay

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »
Have a very nice day

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 06:37:02 PM »
When I scan for viruses and after scan is completed, the error message I get from avast is some files could not be scanned, I click to read the error message and i see some files i have but not know why they cannot be scanned,  any one know what to do? thank you

Is should give you the reason they weren't scanned (commonly the archive is password protected), if you open the scan log again it may be that you need to expand the window and or expand the column width to see all of the information.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security