Author Topic: Troubles with "Avast 2014": Windows and updates .  (Read 2348 times)

Rafatxo

Troubles with "Avast 2014": Windows and updates .
« on: November 18, 2013, 07:40:18 PM »
Hello!!
I have a Desktop PC. It is M. Windows XP Home Edition v. 2002 Service Pack 3. Computer is "Intel (R)" Pentium (R) 4 CPU 1.80 GHz. and 768 MB RAM .

I have just written down in a paper the version and it is: 2014.9.0.2007 .
Well, the first trouble I have just seen is that the window cannot be maximized, it only allows to minimize and close.

Is there a way to solve this?
 It is not very long time since I updated the programme, but the PC in which it is installed I don't use it too often, and therefore I haven't run any scan on it.

Second trouble (which it was going to be the main problem, for I have just seen that of the window size):

It is about updating virus definitions:

I had set the virus definitions update to take place very often : about 20 or 30 minutes, I think. (I have just switched off the PC, so I haven't seen it again).

When I usually turn on PC, virus definitions update pop-up windows usually opens . (Sometimes it opens very soon, and other times a bit later) .
But, recently I have noticed that definitions update window does not update day by day.

When I have had PC on a few minutes ago, virus definition pop-up windows showed:

13-11-17 (01)      (I think) .

So, apart from not updating daily, it shows (01) or (02) next to the day.

To what is due this?

Can anyone explain to me? And is there a way for the updating to not show these (02) or (01) next to the current day??
And that the update to be a full one??
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:44:51 PM by Rafatxo »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Troubles with "Avast 2014": Windows and updates .
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:47:22 PM »
First off you should update to the current version 9.0.2008

Secondly the minimum time set ( period to check for new updates ) for definition updates on the free version is 120 minutes ( default 240 )

Thirdly the 01-02 reference is in relation to how many time the definitions have updated on that said day
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:49:03 PM by craigb »

Rafatxo

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »

Hi!!

"...First off you should update to the current version 9.0.2008" .

How is it? Explain to me. I thought that I have the last version. Last week, I had the message that there was an updated version of the programme .

When I before had written down version number, it sounded strange to me.

Is it OK my version??

Where can I see the parameters you have said?? Definition updates and 01-02 references??

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:27:28 PM »
The latest update is at the top of the forum in the "stickies" above where you started this thread http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=139606.0