Author Topic: Disable large popup "This site is safe"  (Read 27507 times)

Offline OsFly

Re: Disable large popup "This site is safe"
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 01:21:34 AM »
GhostRank, yes i know that..

But.. if the user have spend 1 minute to configure ghostery.
then you see its checked by default, first thing you do is offcorse uncheck it.

HeDiBo

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 01:28:19 AM »
Thanks everybody. I disabled Avast Internet Security. Now only Firefox and DNTme guard my web actions.  8)

Dima DD

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 11:02:57 PM »
I've found an optimal (I think) solution of this problem, at least for Mozilla FF: just made these colored blocks semi-transparent.

1. Disable AVAST self-protection
2. Edit file ...\Avast5\WebRep\FF\content\hover.css: add the next string to #wrcHoverDiv (1st block there)

opacity: 0.5;

3. Enable self-protection.
4. Restart FF.

Small green thumb-ups, -downs, -etc. are png-images and can be edited in any editor for raster graphics. Look at ...\Avast5\WebRep\FF\content\common\skin\img\se_icn_[color].png (or ...\Avast5\WebRep\IE\templates\img\se_icn_[color].png for IE).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:43:03 AM by Dima DD »

Jack 1000

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 03:27:43 AM »
Click Disable and click "Do you want to restart Firefox now?" from INSIDE the Add-On's Tab

I was confused. Is it true then that Avast Web Shield has nothing to do with Avast Online Security?  :o
It's true the web shield has nothing to do with the AOS...

@Jack 1000 WebRep ceased to exist with v2014 it's now the "avast online security" plug-in.

For what it's worth I completely disabled it in all of my browsers. I use PriveDog.

Yes, The Avast On-Line Security Plug in (Formerly Web-Rep) if you don't want that in your Firefox Browser, Disable it in your Firefox Extensions list and Restart Firefox from within the Yes/No prompt in that list.

I would assume that for IE and Chrome, you would have to go into the Extensions list and disable the Avast On-Line Security plugin.  That's what I also did for IE 8 under Toolbars and Extensions.  If you need to reinstall Avast and you use Firefox and the first time it says, "Firefox notes that another program, "Avast  On-Line Security Plug In" wants to run, just say Deny or Reject or whatever the prompt says.  Than, it shouldn't show up in your browsers."

Satch

mjclark1

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 04:03:05 PM »
I need to agree yet again avast is getting ridicules in it bloatware pop up crap.
All that is need is a green check no pop up we can see the check mark fine. Now this stupid popup blocks what i want to click or see .

CaptainStarbuck

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 12:55:39 PM »
I came here for exactly this reason. I'm really surprised that Avast puts something this invasive into the software, AND that they have left it in here despite complaints.

Avast: Rather than annoying us with all of the sites that are OK, how about Just telling us about the sites that are NOT OK? I feel bad turning off protection that could be helpful. I just don't want to be nagged by it, or it's just as bad as the bad sites it aims to protect against. Really, what do bad sites do? Some of them install stuff that changes our user experience - uh, that's what we have here and people are uninstalling it.

C'mon folks, where's the common sense?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 03:00:30 PM »
I need to agree yet again avast is getting ridicules in it bloatware pop up crap.
All that is need is a green check no pop up we can see the check mark fine. Now this stupid popup blocks what i want to click or see .

It only comes up if you hover over the Green check mark and then it is there for 3 seconds.

As for bloat, if you don't like it uninstall the browser protection element (Avast Online Security (AOS)) and it is gone.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

HeDiBo

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 08:37:14 PM »
if you don't like it uninstall the browser protection element (Avast Online Security (AOS)) and it is gone.
And how is that a good thing?  :o
So either protection with ridiculously hindering doodles or no protection at all?  >:(

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 08:44:20 PM »
if you don't like it uninstall the browser protection element (Avast Online Security (AOS)) and it is gone.
And how is that a good thing?  :o
So either protection with ridiculously hindering doodles or no protection at all?  >:(

You are still protected without having AOS installed, AOS does block some tracking and phishing attempts but the basis of the protection is in the Web and File shields.

HeDiBo

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »
You are still protected without having AOS installed, AOS does block some tracking and phishing attempts but the basis of the protection is in the Web and File shields.

What you're saying is: Avast On-Line Security Plug in is good for nothing  :o

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »

What you're saying is: Avast On-Line Security Plug in is good for nothing  :o

We aren't saying that I certainly am not saying it, it is a browser plugin that adds certain features over and above the the protection given by the web shield and avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

HeDiBo

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 01:45:43 AM »
We aren't saying that I certainly am not saying it, it is a browser plugin that adds certain features over and above the the protection given by the web shield and avast.
Very well. Then make sure it's fixed so that people will use it again. :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 02:53:41 AM »
Very well. Then make sure it's fixed so that people will use it again. :(

Since I'm an avast user like yourself, that is outside of my hands.

HeDiBo

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 01:34:17 PM »
Since I'm an avast user like yourself, that is outside of my hands.
Which brings us to the heart of the matter, where are the Avast support people when you need them?

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2014, 02:35:03 PM »
My question is why is it OK for a popup to appear when you hover over:
Trustwave, WOT, etc but there's something wrong when you do the same thing in the avast! module ???
Am I confused or is there a different issue being implied here ???

Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet