Author Topic: My Firefox 1.0.4 don't run!!!  (Read 8633 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: My Firefox 1.0.4 don't run!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2005, 12:48:57 AM »
Do you mean the folder in "C: Programs"?... Done at the first time... Also deleted all the visible registry traces of Firefox.

Your profile is in a different location.
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Get ride of the lot and start from scratch, so uninstall, boot, delete everything from and including the Mozilla folder (it has a registry.dat file in there) in the above path. This will however mean your tweaks, settings, user prefs and extension info will be gone.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

kamulko

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2005, 01:01:52 AM »
Thanks DavidR but In the first uninstall I've completely deleted all the traces (also these). Now the Firefox windows appears with blank background. The bars seems to be right but freezed. The strange thing is that the process is running. Plus, is possible to close the Firefox interface but the process firefox.exe remains active in the background and I must use the taskbar to kill it.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2005, 01:20:25 PM »
Hi Kamulko,

This sounds strange, scan with regedit, that you rename to _root_regedit.exe. This add-on you installed, must be some nastiness. Did you scan it thoroughly, did you analyze it with FileAlyzer? But acyually I can't think you have done something wrong. It is just hard luck.

Greetings,

polonus
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 09:46:23 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!