Author Topic: Infection?  (Read 2418 times)

Offline muppetlol

Infection?
« on: November 26, 2013, 10:50:06 AM »
Today as of 131125-1 update i did a full scan and found 39 infected files. When the results are shown , there was none under "Threats" but 80+ results under "Warnings". Almost all of the files in "Warnings" are located in C:\Windows\Temp. The status of all the files are as shown in the picture attached. This might be a false positive but I'm not sure.

*Note: My Malwarebytes full scan did not found any malicious files.

As of 131125-0 update(yesterday), there was no virus found thus I assume it was due to the avast update. I did not download anything except for IE11 through Windows Update which was added today.

Does anyone else has this problem??? It seems to be similar to the one that happened 2 weeks ago where everyone was getting VBS infection.

I understand that warnings are not detection but its weird that the avast scan log state 39 infected files but I don't see anything in "Threats" , it was just blank.

I hope someone can look into this.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:26:41 AM by muppetlol »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Infection?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:10:19 AM »
Warnings are not detections....just a scan error message an the reason why

In your case files not found error.... this error is usually gone if you reboot and scan again, as the OS will have removed reference to those files when you reboot

Offline muppetlol

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:11:52 AM »
Boot-time scan found nothing, I will do another full scan to see if it detects infection again

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 11:17:04 AM »
Boot-time scan found nothing, I will do another full scan to see if it detects infection again
As i said..... warnings are scan errors not detections

Offline muppetlol

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 11:24:42 AM »
I understand that warnings are not detection cause sometimes I do get warnings in scans that say some files cant be scanned(they will fix themselves)

But avast did report 39 infected files, just that I don't see anything in "Threats", it was blank. Is this a false positive? Weird that avast reports 39 infected files on the scan log but I don't see any.

I just finished a full scan, avast found no infected files. Weird that it found 39 infected 30 mins ago and 0 now. False positive perhaps?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:27:41 AM by muppetlol »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 11:29:09 AM »
When avast detect infected files it will give the file (s) a malware name

I understand that warnings are not detection cause sometimes I do get warnings in scans that say some files cant be scanned(they will fix themselves)
not something that will be fixed as nothing is wrong...
avast just tell you it could not scan them and the reason why. usually password protected files...many programs protect there files with passwords, like security programs, adobe ...and more
these files will be scanned on access by avast realtime protection when the program that use them access those files

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:42:56 AM by Pondus »