Author Topic: Licensing Issue Avast free for EDU  (Read 15229 times)

westilo

Re: Licensing Issue Avast free for EDU
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »
How do I request for additional license for our district? Thanks.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 08:43:21 AM »
How do I request for additional license for our district? Thanks.

-> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?msg=949686
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Che Johnson

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 09:12:28 AM »
Just contact us at edu@support and your license seats can be increased, just provide your license customer number.

Offline /# Thomas #/

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 02:52:34 AM »
Our licence is for 275 clients.

I have installed the client on only three machines, the only three listed in the console:

- Server
- PC1
- PC2

The Server's client gets the licence and policy fine when the client is deployed. The PC1 & PC2 machines get the client when deployed, but not the license or policy.

After trying to open every port I could find in the AEA guide and the forums on both the server and the clients (Windows 7), I just turned the firewall completely off on both of them. Somewhere I remember seeing it suggested to turn on File and Printer sharing, so I also tried that.

There is no hardware or other software firewall between the server and the clients. In this case they are even on the same switch for testing purposes. They are in the same domain. The admin privileges are working because it installed the client software.

edit: The two clients with no license show up as 'grey'. Not with the 'key' icon that I have seen suggested in other posts in the forums. The client on the server shows as 'green'.

edit2: I also removed the client from the server, in case it there was a conflict there. No change, still no license/policy on the PC1 & PC2 machines.

What else could be causing the licenses/policies from getting to the client machines?

/* Thomas */
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:26:23 AM by teredd »

Offline /# Thomas #/

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 09:44:22 PM »
After reading some more forum threads today, i read a couple about DNS and IP resolution problems. Apparently this was my issue.

When I created package, it automatically "detected" the server name as the fully-qualified DNS name. However, there is no DNS pointed to this test server, the AES was attempting to resolve it as a full DNS name. The clients then had a server DNS resolution error in the log. When I changed the deployment package to point the correct server name, the clients received the licence and policy correctly.

If anyone else seems to have issues, you might check to make sure the server name is correct and that it has the correct IP or DNS name. I figured that the AES knew what it was doing. Apparently the AES just guesses, so double check the server name/IP in your deployment package if your server does not have full a full DNS record.

/* Thomas */