Author Topic: Pop up Adas  (Read 7434 times)

GTX66

Re: Pop up Adas
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 06:28:43 PM »
When will this be fixed? It happens every time I turn on my machine in the morning.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 06:40:56 PM »
When will this be fixed? It happens every time I turn on my machine in the morning.

We though it had been fixed, but it is back and as an avast user I don't know when will be fixed.

Of course it is likely to happen then as that is the most likely time you will receive an auto update notification (screwed up or otherwise). But it doesn't happen on every update hence my frustration too.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 06:57:40 PM »
It's not frustrating to me since I still get streaming updates.
It is irritating though. It would be great if avast fixed it.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

jrace

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 09:20:31 PM »

Today with update 131122-0 I got the normal update toaster again!
Let's see what the future brings.

I too though it was resolved too, but it is intermittent, much of the time it is not working, but occasionally it gives a hope that has been resolved only to have your hopes dashed.

That's what it is, DavidR!    8)

GTX66

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 09:35:53 PM »
It occurs like clockwork every morning when I turn on my PC. This is a bug and if it is not fixed I will not renew AIS. How do I know if I am getting every update? It says it was updated the same time as this pop up occurred. A security program should be free of bugs especially known bugs?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 09:39:32 PM »
As I have said a number of times, when you see any toaster popup right click on the avast icon and select about avast. I would say that the possibility that you have just received the latest VPS is extremely high whilst this bug is present. Don't lose sight of the fact you should still be getting the streaming updates.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

olddog

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 08:35:27 AM »
When will this be fixed?

Is Avast even aware that it still doesn't work properly. I haven't seen a comment from any of the team people in any of the recent threads about this.

I don't know if there is an Avast employee delegated to read all of the posts and initiate some action if an issue appears to be a program problem. I think it more likely the issue would be actioned if there were support tickets raised. 

GTX66

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 11:19:20 PM »
As I have said a number of times, when you see any toaster popup right click on the avast icon and select about avast. I would say that the possibility that you have just received the latest VPS is extremely high whilst this bug is present. Don't lose sight of the fact you should still be getting the streaming updates.

I understand that but this is a Bug that should be fixed. It did not happen today for me. But my last update is from the 22nd.