Author Topic: Quick Scan?  (Read 1724 times)

Offline badass

Quick Scan?
« on: November 19, 2013, 12:16:14 AM »
I have a couple of questions I hope someone will answer.

1.  When do I use the quick scan? always do it first?
I have had the best luck when I use the bootscan, so most of the time don't even do a quick scan or a regular full scan.

2.  I have a second OS on my pc that was abandoned because my pc mechanic could not fix it.  I would like to recover it if possible so I was wondering: 
a.  Can I just go to it and right click and then do a scan on that only? 
b.  Can I do it in the state that it is in (Not being in use). 
c.  Should I do it in SAFE mode? 

I want to believe that if an avast scan is run, it would repair it as it was certainly a virus issue.  Do you guys think this is worth the risk? 

Or any other suggestions of course.
Dell 660S, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1, Intel Core i3 3240, 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Avast Free

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Quick Scan?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 08:41:18 PM »
I can't help you with question #2 but as to #1 I do a quick scan once a week (scheduled) and a full scan once a month (if I remember to run it).
avast has plenty of built-in protection reducing the need for really deep scans.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline badass

Re: Quick Scan?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 07:09:01 PM »
Thanks!
Dell 660S, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1, Intel Core i3 3240, 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Avast Free