Author Topic: internet explorer is not responding  (Read 2386 times)

twizz

internet explorer is not responding
« on: November 22, 2013, 01:48:02 AM »
Since my last upgrade of avast last night my internet explorer has stopped responding. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

olddog

Re: internet explorer is not responding
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 08:26:24 AM »
Since my last upgrade of avast last night my internet explorer has stopped responding. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Might be a good start if you advised what OS you have, what version of IE you have, and how you did your upgrade.

If it was upgrading from another product, did you completely uninstall the old product using the specified removal/clean up tool for that product?

If it was from an earlier version of avast, did you update from within the program, as a manual update over the top of the old version, or did you do a clean install after removing the old version and cleaning up with the Avast clean up program?

Have you tried disabling the Avast IE add ons?.

twizz

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »
Internet explorer version  11,  windows 7, I upgraded from within the program when Avast said there was a upgrade available.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 04:57:18 PM »
Do you have the "avast online security" enabled?
IE 11 works fine here.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.