Author Topic: Avast is scanning some websites to much  (Read 3654 times)

Diddy

Avast is scanning some websites to much
« on: November 08, 2013, 08:46:55 PM »
HI I would like to talk about something I think is important and that is some websites like facebook when I go to login takes  five or ten minutes I am not sure why this is though.  i am wondering though if avast takes a long time scanning the website and why?  I always seem to have trouble with facebook maybe because  I use last pass to fill in user name and password and when that is done the facebook login screen will sit their for about five minutes and avast is not doing anything for maybe ten minutes and then all of a sudden I can go into facebook without any issues no error messages of any kind.  I have often wondered if avast free is scanning facebook to much and that is why the facebook login screen  freezes and does not log me in right away.  I should say this just happens for some sites like facebook most of the time.  most of the sites avast scans are fast no problems no delays or anything.

Have a good weekend

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast is scanning some websites to much
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 06:15:30 PM »
Diddy, does the issue continues in your computer or it disappeared?
The best things in life are free.

Diddy

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 09:15:50 AM »
HI Tech yesterday morning when I went to facebook from avast.com avast was in the process of scanning and again the avast circle in the lower task bar was all blue and again it took several minutes for it to get done so that I could login to facebook.  But I must say that for the rest of the day using facebook avast has been very fast and I have a no problems so far this morning.
So when you asked me if this problem persists the answer is yes I should also say that it does not always happen for facebook either it also happened for me when I logged into my outlook account yesterday morning as well.

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:54:20 AM »
Ok. If you have issues, come back and report ;)
The best things in life are free.

Diddy

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 10:46:55 PM »
hI I should mention that sometimes when I try to play a music video on youtube avast will scan and scan the video over and over again what is with that avast.

seeker15

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 08:23:10 PM »
hI I should mention that sometimes when I try to play a music video on youtube avast will scan and scan the video over and over again what is with that avast.

Noticed the same! Avast would scan the videos as they are downloaded bits by bits on the player. Its not slowing down but it does use system resource for a site that is considered safe and I mean for the videos and not the rest of the web elements.

Diddy

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 09:56:22 AM »
HI I should mention that when I am playing some videos on youtube especially the video will not play very well it will crawl a long and at times the video will stop playing all together.  So then I have to start the video over and then the video will play right through without any problem.  What can cause this sot of thing and what can possibly be done to fix this problem hopefully sooner then later avast devs/

Thanks very much have a good day

I should mention that I never had this problem with previous versions of avast it has only been with avast 2014 that I have had this problem with.

Thanks avast team

Diddy

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 10:10:20 AM »
Hi I

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 10:23:30 AM »
HI I should mention that when I am playing some videos on youtube especially the video will not play very well it will crawl a long and at times the video will stop playing all together.  So then I have to start the video over and then the video will play right through without any problem.  What can cause this sot of thing and what can possibly be done to fix this problem hopefully sooner then later avast devs/

Thanks very much have a good day

I should mention that I never had this problem with previous versions of avast it has only been with avast 2014 that I have had this problem with.

Thanks avast team
hi Diddy,

Yes, a workaround for videos I've used for a long time is to open the video, stop play if it opens automatically, and wait for the entire file to finish loading, and then press play.  Videos run this way always run smoothly and avast! gets to look at the entire file to make sure it is clean while I wait a few seconds or so for the downloading to complete.  avast! is always happy and so am I when I do it this way.  Videos that finish the streaming process and are fully downloaded always run smoother anyway.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801