Author Topic: What is the avast! taskbar icon supposed to look like?  (Read 4515 times)

Offline leftisthominid

What is the avast! taskbar icon supposed to look like?
« on: December 01, 2013, 11:31:26 PM »
Hello, yesterday I noticed that my on my dad's laptop running avast! Free the taskbar icon in Windows 7 looks like the avast X-like logo (i.e., the one on this page next to avast! Forum), while on mine for avast! IS the taskbar icon looks similar to the system tray icon. Which one is normal?

Rohugh

Re: What is the avast! taskbar icon supposed to look like?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:38:31 PM »
Mine is just the standard "round ball" icon.

dprout69

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 12:51:39 AM »
lol... wtf...

Start > Control Panel > Taskbar and Start Menu > One of you has "Use small icons" checked and the other doesnt

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 12:52:51 AM »
Like this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

dprout69

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 12:57:48 AM »
He's asking about the taskbar

olddog

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 04:53:50 AM »
He's asking about the taskbar

Yes, but there is the icon that is placed in the taskbar as a system icon, and the icon that is placed in the task bar as a short cut.

The system icon is the one that spins and changes colour when something is being scanned, and when right clicked on, shows a an Avast menu as per the attached screen shot.
If this icon is not being shown (in Windows 7) click on the show hidden icons, then customize, and set the Avast iconright to Show icon and notifications.

The form of the icon placed on the task bar as a short cut will depend on the "use small icons" setting for the task bar & start menu as shown in the jpgs from dprout69.

Offline leftisthominid

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 07:25:15 AM »
My system tray icon looks like yours. My taskbar icon is round but not in the flat art style, I.e., it looks like a sphere like icon on the tab thumbnail for this webpage. My dad's taskbar looked like the x-logo

(apparently if you use small icons and show taskbar labels, the taskbar icon and systray icons are identical, without labels the task bar icon looks spherical as in the image I have attached)
(P.S., yes I do have OCD)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:51:19 AM by leftisthominid »

davidjtsteele

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 06:14:22 PM »
My system tray icon also appears. Taskbar icon Farm is all around, but the picture is flat, ie, it seems that the Environment as a symbol of the icon on the web page. The father taskbar looks like the logo-x