Author Topic: Disable advisory notifications  (Read 1724 times)

kill

Disable advisory notifications
« on: November 27, 2013, 12:57:41 PM »
Hello,
I am facing a problem.
Few days ago i was disable advisory notifications, but in last two days avast display privacy advisor notifications.

What happening i can't understand.
Please help
Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Disable advisory notifications
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 02:16:25 PM »
The popup is actually meant to be the auto update notification (check your avastUI > Settings > Update and you will see that an auto update has just taken place. It appears that these tips/ad popups are piggybacked onto the auto update notification popup and this looks like it messes up the display and sound for the auto update notifications.

If you browse the forums you will see several topics relating to a known bug about updates.
1. no auto update notification popup (commonly displays an avast! tip - Ad, instead).
2. no audio voice over for the auto update.
3. the popup delay timings don't appear to work either.
These tips popups have in the past been piggybacked with the auto update update notification, so the only way to get rid of them would be to disable the auto update notification, which if you want the update notification (when it works correctly) would remove everything.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Disable advisory notifications
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:37:40 PM »
Tekken, are you talking about the avast! Mobile Security (Android app)?
The best things in life are free.