Author Topic: Why the language of the avast store doesn't match the avast UI language?  (Read 2234 times)

dr0

Hello!
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to change the language in Avast store.
I have my avast UI language set to English but ads and store are in Ukrainian for some reason. Yes, I'm currently in Ukraine, but I don't want any part of the avast UI including ads and store to be in any other language but English.

It seems like ads and store language is based on your current location. But I don't think that's the way it should be. It should be based on your current UI language. Or at least options for manual language selection for ads and store are needed.

Best regards!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:02:23 PM by dr0 »

Samuel_r

Re: Why the language of the avast store doesn't match the avast UI language?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 09:08:15 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I live in Ukraine... but cant speak much of it. As such, I cannot even update the program. (When I try to update, the update screen comes up in Ukrainian). Is there a registry key somewhere I can change so that the location for this section can be in english?

I should mention that I'm on 8.0.1497 (which is why I'm trying to update)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:20:53 PM by Samuel_r »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »
This content is online and get much more time to get translated.
Please, bear with us, translators :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 03:45:07 PM »
The reason for the Store (and similar) content is to be able to offer prices in the local currency. That's why the content is, and most likely will be, in a different language. I'm afraid the servers will never contain a full matrix language vs. currency (all the possible combinations).

Samuel_r

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »
The reason for the Store (and similar) content is to be able to offer prices in the local currency. That's why the content is, and most likely will be, in a different language. I'm afraid the servers will never contain a full matrix language vs. currency (all the possible combinations).

That's a shame. Since I don't speak the language very well, that's one less sale for you all. I would recommend putting in a request to the developers to allow the store to match the interface language and just have the prices come from the internet. I know I'm not the only person out there with this issue, we cant be the only two people out there.