Author Topic: Deceived  (Read 1430 times)

JQ2

Deceived
« on: November 27, 2013, 05:14:58 PM »
I am sorry I end up having to show up on the Avast forum.

I have been encouraged by Avast automatic messages to renew my license weeks before its expiry date. Message would assure system would keep the original expiry date and renew it accordingly.

I am sorry I have trusted the message received from Avast. I have indeed renewed my license today, actually upgrading it. Surprise! The expiry date was not respected and it is shown as exactly a year from today.

Whoever is responsable for offering a solution, I hope he/she does. I have emailed the PayPal address of the intermediary who handled my purchase. If I don't have a reaction within the next 24hs I will have to try to solve this matter through a claim  on PayPal.

At all events,I hope Avast takes good note of the situation because it is currently deceiving the customers.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:43:01 PM by JQ2 »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Deceived
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 06:26:15 PM »
That isn't the intended outcome if you renewed the license through the avast UI.

Use the on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles for:  * Sales inquiries

Let them know about the problem, the likelihood would be receiving a new license file with a corrected expiry date.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

JQ2

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 07:19:06 PM »
Thanks for your reply, David. That was indeed not what the messages had been telling me. I was directed to what appears to be a contractor who managed the sale, called Nexway (I was redirected to them by Avast! from my system). I have emailed them and warned them I should place a PayPal claim if no solution was provided in timely manner. They replied, but they say there is nothing they can do but to undo the purchase. My fear now is that if they undo the purchase they may leave me with no antivirus protection whatsoever, and that Avast! and their contractor may keep me going from one another, when, as a matter of fact, whatever misinformation or coordination problema is between them, not me. I didn't know of the existence of such company until my own Avast! software redirected me to them.

I did report through the form you suggested as well. Thank you very much. I hope someone takes care of the matter.

Best regards and, again, thank you for your help. Have a nice day.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 08:54:22 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security