Author Topic: avast 9 Slow Boot Time?  (Read 2318 times)

x0pht

avast 9 Slow Boot Time?
« on: November 27, 2013, 05:08:35 PM »
Has anyone noticed the boot time is a bit longer with avast 9 compared to 8?

I'd deliberately stuck to version 8 on my office laptop due to the numerous reported issues regarding version 9.  Since it's a new installation done at the beginning of Oct., I've been keeping everything clean and fast.  This morning, for some reason, avast updated itself to version 9 right in front of my eyes as soon as I turned on my computer.

Now I noticed at least a 10 second increase in loading time after I'm logged in.

Just wondering if anyone else has a similar issue.  I'm on Win7 Pro x64, i7 3540M 3.0G, 8GB RAM.

x0pht

Re: avast 9 Slow Boot Time?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 03:09:20 PM »
i guess it's just me then...

but still wondering what made avast auto update its program, anyone care to shed some light? will clicking on "resolve all" button to turn on the shields do that?

SlyFox

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 05:40:29 AM »
Welcome to the Avast Forum x0pht

I am sorry about your issues.  I am just another member trying to help other members here.  Sometimes my answers are helpful and at times they are not, I am sorry.

How to Stop Slow Startup (Boot) with avast! Antivirus

This guide should tell you how to increase your system (Windows) performance and startup time with avast! antivirus.

http://www.getavast.net/stop-slow-startup-boot

If the above is not correct or does not help you, I am sorry to have bothered you

x0pht

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 06:46:34 AM »
Hi SlyFox,

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I'm sure your answers have helped many.  Even though sometimes they might not be the exact resolutions, they can always be interesting reads for some.

I've actually never noticed you could delay the loading of avast services.  I'll play with it tomorrow when i get to the office.  Thanks for the link!