Author Topic: Avast Safe Zone  (Read 10368 times)

blowtorch73

Avast Safe Zone
« on: November 28, 2013, 07:52:44 PM »
Went to do some on-line banking and up popped a recommendation to use Safe Zone. Clicked on the ok and the screen went yellow with a circle in the center with an arrow inside and stayed like that. Had to switch off the power to restart and carried out my banking without using Safe Zone. What happened.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast Safe Zone
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
Your SafeZone, somehow, got messed...
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. (Optional) If you want, save your avast! settings for later restoration (Settings > Maintenance > Back up).
4. Uninstall avast! from Control Panel (if possible) and reboot.
5. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1 in and follow the instructions. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode, uninstall avast! and then reboot in Normal Mode again.
6. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Register your free copy or add the license key for the paid versions. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.

Please, be patient, boot when it's said to boot...
The best things in life are free.

blowtorch73

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 10:09:01 PM »
Thank you for your rapid reply but after reading the instructions for the Uninstall Utility I have decided that it is beyond me so will just reject the invitation to use the Safe Zone in future. I am sorry to have taken up your time.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 10:25:44 PM »
Thank you for your rapid reply but after reading the instructions for the Uninstall Utility I have decided that it is beyond me so will just reject the invitation to use the Safe Zone in future. I am sorry to have taken up your time.
Sorry to be confused. I'd at least suggest: uninstall, boot, install again, boot.

blowtorch73

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 03:36:26 PM »
Sorry to be confused. I'd at least suggest: uninstall, boot, install again, boot.
That I can and will do. Thanks again ;)

blowtorch73

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 11:48:45 PM »
After reading through dozens and dozens of the Avast problems here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0

I decided that Avast is just not worth the bother.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 01:30:15 PM »
After reading through dozens and dozens of the Avast problems here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0

I decided that Avast is just not worth the bother.
Any program has issues. Forums are for help and only the minority will post. The 200 million users aren't posting in forums. At least, here you get support. Try to move on and face the jungle of lack of support around :)

Adde1604

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 10:42:52 AM »
I have the question: How can I pupup "Safe Zone now change X" off? When I'm at home in a safe zone and do not bother Banking Safe Zone!

Thanks for reply