Author Topic: Licence key has expired  (Read 9773 times)

ricey

Licence key has expired
« on: October 08, 2003, 10:11:21 PM »
I have just tryied to upgrade to the latest version of Avast, the download seemed to be ok but then it said that my registration key was invalid or had expired.... I have been using avast for three years  and never before had a proble with a program update, this is the first time this has happened. I have checked my key and it says that it never expires?? any help???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Licence key has expired
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 10:19:45 PM »
I have just tryied to upgrade to the latest version of Avast, the download seemed to be ok but then it said that my registration key was invalid or had expired.... I have been using avast for three years  and never before had a proble with a program update, this is the first time this has happened. I have checked my key and it says that it never expires?? any help???

Easy boy! Nothing is happen but a bug of updating... unless avast! team has anything to tell us  :o

See http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1412

Try do update manually at http://www.avast.com/i_idt_250.html   ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 10:28:13 PM »
Your post is not completely clear about it - but if you are using your key for 3 years, then it probably is expired... (not the key in fact, but the "update possibility").
The keys are issued for 1 year of updates - after that, you have to reregister (home) or renew your license (pro).
I think there were additional checks added to the installer to notify you about the problem.

ricey

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 11:05:35 PM »
Thanks for the replys, I have got a new registration key, and everything is now fine --  thanks guys...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 12:52:18 AM »
Thanks for the replys, I have got a new registration key, and everything is now fine --  thanks guys...

Could you post what happened?
I mean, you got a new number or the old was made valid again?
Home users thanks this information...  ;)

Culpeper

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2003, 01:29:36 AM »
What we have here is a failure to communicate :-\
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 01:29:58 AM by Culpeper »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2003, 03:22:13 AM »
What we have here is a failure to communicate :-\

What do you mean? Please, rephrase ...  ::)

ricey

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2003, 09:35:33 PM »
I got a new licence key.... and now it is ok

Phil

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2003, 10:41:49 PM »
I got a new licence key.... and now it is ok

Phil

Please, at lest let us know if was a problem with the Home or the Professional version  :-\

Spook

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2003, 09:59:10 AM »

Please, at lest let us know if was a problem with the Home or the Professional version  :-\

Some food for thought...

Maybe we could have a "standardised" form that should be filled out for the initial posts to this forum (with the replies as they are now).  Something with Avast Version, Processor, Op. Sys., etc. AND a special part for the "cure"  ;)

It might help make searching for problems easier to locate within the forum(s)  :-*

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2003, 03:05:07 PM »
Maybe we could have a "standardised" form that should be filled out for the initial posts to this forum (with the replies as they are now).  Something with Avast Version, Processor, Op. Sys., etc. AND a special part for the "cure"  ;)

It might help make searching for problems easier to locate within the forum(s)  :-*

Very good suggestion, but I´m afraid the YaBBSE (3rd party that manages this foruns webpage) could not "handle" this feature. Maybe Vlk has something to tell about this. Thanks anyway.  ;)

ricey

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2003, 10:31:33 PM »
It was avast 4 home edition, I have it running on a Athlon 2600 processor with 512Mb Ram using Win XP Home
I have 80Gb HDD and a headache.

All I had to do was register with Avast again, I received a new key, I entered this into Avast in place of my old key and now it is fine.....

Thanks Chaps..

Phil

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2003, 03:19:17 AM »
I have been using avast for three year...

And just now you enter the foruns?
Why do you wait so long?  ;D

ricey

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2003, 11:31:51 AM »
I don't know why I didn't use the forums earlier, I wish I had discovered them sooner, they are full of a wealth of information about the product. I do think however that Avast is quite simply the BEST antivirus software available (not only because it is free for non commercial use), It knocks the pants off of the likes of Norton and McAfee, which are in my opinion over hyped - over inflated (price wise) usless piles of commercial crap that I would not waste my effort on (you can probably tell that I have had dealings with them in the past) - In fact I have just had a new network of computers insalled at work (65 of them) and they have all come preinstalled with Norton - not for long though........ Avast Rulz.....
Phil ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2003, 09:09:15 PM »
I don't know why I didn't use the forums earlier, I wish I had discovered them sooner, they are full of a wealth of information about the product. I do think however that Avast is quite simply the BEST antivirus software available (not only because it is free for non commercial use), It knocks the pants off of the likes of Norton and McAfee, which are in my opinion over hyped - over inflated (price wise) usless piles of commercial crap that I would not waste my effort on (you can probably tell that I have had dealings with them in the past) - In fact I have just had a new network of computers insalled at work (65 of them) and they have all come preinstalled with Norton - not for long though........ Avast Rulz.....
Phil ;D

I´m deeply sorry about you: 65 computers with Norton preinstalled  :(
Welcome to foruns, welcome to be best antivirus. Do I need to tell anything more?  ;)