Author Topic: Minor bug with Avast 8 and Total Commander  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Rekrul

Minor bug with Avast 8 and Total Commander
« on: November 25, 2013, 04:58:27 PM »
I just updated Avast to version 8 the other day. I was using Avast 7, but it complained that it was out of date, so I let it update and now I have version 8.

Anyway, I've noticed a minor bug while using Total Commander. When I right-click on a file and select the option to scan the file(s) with Avast, it somehow prevents the TC window from being properly redrawn, leaving an image of the context menu on the screen. I have to minimize/maximize the window or switch tabs to get rid of it. If I set TC to use the left mouse button for selecting files, like Windows, it clears the context menu from the screen, but leaves a blank area where it was.

Now I know everyone will say that this is a Total Commander bug since it only happens in Total Commander, but this never happened with Avast 7 and it doesn't happen with any other program that's launched through the context menu. With Avast 7, the context menu sometimes remained visible until Avast finished scanning, like TC was busy and couldn't redrawn the window right then, but it always disappeared once Avast had finished scanning, or I closed the Avast window.

Offline Rekrul

Re: Minor bug with Avast 8 and Total Commander
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 10:37:02 AM »
I guess I'm the only Avast user who uses Total Commander?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Minor bug with Avast 8 and Total Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 12:43:08 PM »
Well, maybe not. But it's not a common program among the avast! forum users.
Anyway, avast is on version 9 (2014). Why didn't you upgrade to the latest avast?
The best things in life are free.