Author Topic: Avast Not Responding/Very Slow  (Read 1715 times)

ramse4

Avast Not Responding/Very Slow
« on: December 01, 2013, 09:15:54 PM »
Hi,

So I've had this problem for a while but let it by the wayside,but decided to try to fix this when I installed 2014. This started when I uninstalled a perfectly working version of avast to save space on my SSD and reinstalled it on my HDD device. After installing it on the SSD again, with 2014, the problem still persists.

Basically, the program installs fine but opening Avast takes a couple minutes, even when it is just minimized. The tray icon also suffers from this slowness and makes me doubt if the program is even giving me real-time protection. 

It is most unresponsive when opening the SCAN page. When trying to flip through scan options (quick/full/etc), Avast becomes unresponsive (get the not responding text from windows right before a scan page loads if i just keep clicking and only starts working after about 30 seconds.

I have already submitted a report with avast but that proved futile as they basically told me to use the uninstall software and reinstall/update the program which I did numerous times to no avail. I also sent them support logs and they mentioned that the program was "damaged" and to once again fresh install it which did nothing.

Let me know if there is any info/logs I should send you guys because I really want to get this fixed. Been using avast for many years now with no problems and want to get this resolved.

Thanks

P.S. Not sure if this is a problem but when I do get to the scan pages I only see a little icon in the upper left hand corner (not sure if more should be shown) and scanning just makes Avast unresponsive.