Author Topic: Move SOA to another server  (Read 2935 times)

master13

Move SOA to another server
« on: December 02, 2013, 09:17:35 AM »
Sorry if this topic has been already raised. And sorry for my bad English, I am not english-speaking person.
SOA should be transferred from one server to another. I installed it for test on my computer. For a while it worked, but then it was decided to migrate it to the server, where it will work around the clock. Unfortunately, somehow I did not find a simple and easy way to transfer the settings of the console. I do not want to re-install the console from scratch, as in this case, it is trying to install antivirus software on a bunch of computers, where it is not necessary, and stop this process is problematic. And I do not want to re-create and configure groups too. Maybe there's some way to move the entire program together with the settings?
----
Для Русско-говорящих людей напишу еще по-русски:
Простите если эта тема уже поднималась.
Мне необходмо перенести SOA с одного сервера на другой. Я установил консоль для проверки на свой компьюетр. Какое-то время она работала, но затем встал вопрос о переносе ее на сервер, где она будет работать круглосуточно. К сожалению, я почему-то не нашел простой и удобный способ перенести настройки консоли. Я не хочу переустанавливать консоль с нуля, потому что она пытается установить антивирус на кучу компьютеров, где это не надо, а остановить процесс проблематично. И я также не хочу пересоздавать и настраивать заново группы. Может быть есть какой-то способ перенести консоль SOA вместе с настройками?

nazer

Re: Move SOA to another server
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »

1. Perform the system backup job from SOA console -
Backup file will be in
Win Vista/7/Win 2008 C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Backup
Win XP/Win 2003 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Backup
2. Download and install the SOA package to the new server
http://www.avast.com/download-software#tab2
Use Avast.SystemRestore.exe to restore the settings
run from command prompt - Avast.SystemRestore.exe -b "backup path"
Avast.SystemRestore.exe located in C:\Program Files\Avast Software\Administration console
*** Note if you are not using the same IP and hostname for SOA, you need to redeploy the packages again to all the computers or manually change the Ip address/ hostname on client configuration file (avast5.ini)
c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\avast5.ini

master13

Re: Move SOA to another server
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »
Thank you for your advice. I'll try.