Author Topic: Which Browsers are supported?  (Read 1965 times)

Avast-User-Germany

Which Browsers are supported?
« on: December 02, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »
Hello,

I user Avast 2014 Free Antivirus and as you know it installs the 'Avast Browser Security and Web Reputation Plugin' into Firefox. The trouble is that on system I always have graphic-errors in Firefox.  (when I scroll the links up and down in the left part of the programme.)

Therefore I would like to use another Browser, but I decline the use of Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Is there a way to use another Browser and get the Avast Security-plug in as well for this other Browser? (for example Cyberfox, which is equivalent to Firefox, but I tried it, Avast doesn't install the Security-plug  into Cyberfox when I start the Browser)

Thanx for the answer,

Kai
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:01:58 PM by Avast-User-Germany »

Rohugh

Re: Which Browsers are supported?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 07:47:14 PM »
I use Pale Moon (Mozilla Based) as my default browser and that is not supported by the Web Rep plug-in.  I understand that there are many browsers out there and Avast! is probably not able to support them all,  plus I don't have it installed in my Firefox browser either.

You can of course use Web Of Trust instead,  it seems to do a better job than the Avast! plug-in.  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Which Browsers are supported?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:28:40 PM »
<snip>
You can of course use Web Of Trust instead,  it seems to do a better job than the Avast! plug-in.  :)

Unfortunately they don't entirely do the same thing the avast online security (AOS) add-on does more. That said if you can't get the AOS to work with your browser you have little choice than go for the lessor of the two.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security