Author Topic: Outlook & Office 365 Exchange; Can't Receive Emails  (Read 5808 times)

thekochs

Outlook & Office 365 Exchange; Can't Receive Emails
« on: December 01, 2013, 07:32:22 PM »
Have tried one machine from V8 to V9.....W7 64bit.
I have Outlook 2010 installed and we use Office 365 Exchange Server.
I can send email but cannot receive.
Avast9 did come up with some dialog box about SSL issue and I followed the instructions and it exported a certificate to my desktop.
I then went and double-clicked on this item and stepped thru what I think was to "register" it.
I exited Outlook, re-started, no luck.....no receipt.
If I login into the MicrosoftOnline Webmail I can see the new emails there.

Any ideas ?....I know there are many other posts on Outool issues but can't put my finger on a "can't receive" issue.

Thx.

thekochs

Re: Outlook & Office 365 Exchange; Can't Receive Emails
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 10:12:55 PM »
I've exported this certificate and clicked on and went thru what Microsoft said to install it.
However, Avast will send but no receive.
I have no idea how to fix and without feedback I'm putting this test machine back to V8......Outlook must work correctly with SSL before I can even think about using V9.  :'(

Offline petr_matrix

• Avast team
  • avast! programmer
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
Please, try to disable web shield and restart outlook. If it won't help, try to disable all shields and test it again.
Let me know if something of it works.

Thanks,
Petr

thekochs

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »
Please, try to disable web shield and restart outlook. If it won't help, try to disable all shields and test it again.
Let me know if something of it works.

Thanks,
Petr

Petr, thx so much for the reply.....I believe my issue was NOT Avast. 
After more work LATE last night I found out that it had to do with an issue with new Exhange server.
In brief summary, we went from POP service to Microsoft Office 365 service (exchange).
Ironically, the very PC that was on Avast 9, all others still on Avast 8, also had a HUGE (4GB) native PST file.
When we created OST file and imported it messed up something in the account.
I took Avast 9 out of the equation and rolled back to Avast 8 just to reduce any variables.
It all works now with since we removed (Archived) a lot of the old data and got to a more manageable OST size.
So.....my post here is not an Avast issue.

However, there are known Outlook issues.....best post/thread is this one.
I'm waiting to upgrade my various PCs on your next program update and see what fixes are included....hopefully one to solve this thread.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=141404.0
I will probably try one PC as BETA before I jump in deep end of pool 100% on Avast 9.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:57:42 PM by thekochs »