Author Topic: AVAST 2014 R2 Beta1 (9.0.2009)  (Read 43732 times)

propheticus

Re: AVAST 2014 R2 Beta1 (9.0.2009)
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 11:51:34 AM »
Scans, installs then reboots in linux environment and only then tells me windows 8.1 is not supported.... This check should be performed before installing.

Offline irongod

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 11:55:33 AM »
Dear DavidR, I assume you feel like I feel about this?

More crapware!

Why don't we fix the problems 1st?

:o yep! I fully agree! ... they have tons of tickets in their Support System and the this forum is like a blob of complaints and problems since they introduce v9 more than 40 days ago!   .... and now I see that most of the "improvements" with this new build are modules to clean, speed up the pc and save money online!?!?!? of course I hope that the improvements to the Web shield and firewall will solve most of the issues, but still what's the idea behind including these unuseful (to me) features?? I already had doubts on the real utility of the SW updater (since many times resulted in error, or not updated timely)  ... can they just try to have a fast, efficient and light fully functional product instead of loading builds with these components that they do not have anything to do with Security!

It seems to me that (already after v7 and mainly since v9 was out) the AVAST guys are loosing the right direction in their products!!  :-[
You take the tarot cards and throw them to the wind!

propheticus

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 12:07:24 PM »
Issue with developers wanting to prove their worth. When they would limit to the AV/security alone they would have far less (development) work to do -> less jobs/make yourself obsolete. Also partnerships with jumpstart (grimefighter) and other services are lucrative. Small chance they want to stop making (easy) money.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »
Guys, please let's start over here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=141743.0

This is the same build, but I think we didn't do a good job communicating the changes. Of course, the main point was to fix all the outstanding issues (and that's what we're doing with this build).

If you still have any kind of issue with this build, we would love to hear about it. Otherwise, please stay on subject.

Thanks.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.