Author Topic: Blogger and Avast 2104  (Read 1955 times)

YankeeSteve

Blogger and Avast 2104
« on: December 03, 2013, 10:33:59 AM »
My blog will no longer show the "navbar" so I can't create a new post without going the roundabout way through www.blogger.com.  When I disable Avast in FireFox, I get the navbar.  I also get the navbar in Chrome & IE.

kaycee03

Re: Blogger and Avast 2104
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:54:46 AM »
I'm having the same issue. The Navbar also had a search box for my blog which I use all the time. Is the only solution to disable the Avast Firebox addon?

propheticus

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 02:54:36 PM »
Maybe it's related tot the social network blocking feature. Try clicking the Avast icon (top right) and disabling the top switch ("Social networks blocked") and see if that helps.

kaycee03

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 03:22:31 PM »
Thanks! I tried disabling the Social Networks Blocked switch and still had no Blogger navbar. I clicked on Settings at the bottom of that same page and unchecked "Block social networks by default" under "Do Not Track". That did the trick and my navbar is back! It seems like your suggestion should have worked, but disabling the switch didn't seem to disable the settings under Do Not Track.

propheticus

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 03:33:51 PM »
Maybe it take a page refresh before you see the effect, but the way you've chosen is a more permanent way to disable the feature. Good to hear it's 'fixed' for you (although it's more of a hack/work-around and not a permanent solution if you want to use the plugin's features...).