Author Topic: IE crashes with version 2014  (Read 2032 times)

pvvugt

IE crashes with version 2014
« on: December 03, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »
Hello,

I just updated Avast to the latest version, 2014.
I am using on a Windows 7 64-bit PC, IE 10 or 11 crashes immediately after starting.
I tried to start IE without add-ons, and even then IE crashes...
I tried to disable Avast for 10 minutes, and even then IE crashes...
I removed Avast from the computer, reboot, and then IE works just fine!
After installing Avast again, IE crashes again. So the problem has something to do with Avast.

Firefox and Chrome does not have this issue. Now you could say, why use IE and not Firefox or Chrome. But the application we use only works on IE.

A known issue? Or can somebody give me a solution?

Hope to hear from you.

Randissimo

Re: IE crashes with version 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 12:05:22 PM »
Do you have either Avast Webrep/Online Security plugin or Avast Firewall enabled? If yes, uninstall or deactivate them and use the Windows firewall.

pvvugt

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 12:11:03 PM »
Forgot to mention. But I am using the free version, so I don't think I am using the things.
In the meanwhile I checked an another computer and there I have the exact same issue.

seeker15

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 12:14:25 PM »
No such problem here. I don't use the browser extension from avast because I don't think it can do anything good to me apart from messing around with the website by slowing it down or crashing the browser maybe. Many such problems are already reported here.
Make a clean installation, without the browser extension. You only require the fileshield and webshield and firewall if you are using AIS for optimal and more than satisfactory security. All other are junks! Disable webshield and check when you start the next time.