Author Topic: downloaded Av for windows instead of mac.can i swap  (Read 1649 times)

inthenorth

downloaded Av for windows instead of mac.can i swap
« on: December 03, 2013, 09:11:09 PM »

Personal Message (Offline)

downloaded avast premier by mistake.can i swap
« on: Today at 05:24:24 PM »
I feel so stupid. I downloaded Av premier for 3 years but did it for windows instead of mac.
Have emailed support and got a ticket two days ago but nothing more. I still want the product but I presume I need to get a refund and start again. I asked them could I just swap for the Mac one as I can't use the one I downloaded anyway.
I am a complete numpty I know to do this but can anyone advise me what to do. I can't see how I am going to rectify this if they don't contact me.
Thanks for any help
Mary

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: downloaded Av for windows instead of mac.can i swap
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »
You might get better help on the "Mac" board http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

inthenorth

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 09:49:23 PM »
Thanks for replying
I did post there first but no replies.
I suppose it is more of a general question in that I suspect the answer is try to get a refund and start again but I can't get any reply to my email to Avast as to if this is going to happen.
I just dread that they will keep my £99 and never even reply and i have nothing for all of this.
Thanks anyway. Posting was a long shot.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 11:24:11 PM »
Give it some time. People come and go.
Someone will surely see it. The Mac board is not a very
busy board.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

inthenorth

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 11:36:50 PM »
Thanks again.Mary