Author Topic: Avast 2014, Java & Vuze  (Read 4365 times)

SammerKayyali

Avast 2014, Java & Vuze
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:08:28 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have Internet Security "paid service" and upgraded to Avast 2014.

Since then, I have two main problems:

1- Vuze won't download... unless I disable Avast shield control for like 10 min, then restore it once downloading starts.

2- some JAVA-based sites won't work too (basically chat sites) and every time i have to disable the shield control to be able to log in then it works fine even if I run the shield once agian.

I tried looking for a solution on these forums but i got lost fast with ur professional language guys...

I hope someone can help me.. It's really annoying to pay for something then be forced to disable it every 10 min -_-

Thank you a lot

Sam

SammerKayyali

Re: Avast 2014, Java & Vuze
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 05:41:34 AM »
okay... hello... anyone here???

olddog

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:17:30 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have Internet Security "paid service" and upgraded to Avast 2014.

Since then, I have two main problems:

1- Vuze won't download... unless I disable Avast shield control for like 10 min, then restore it once downloading starts.

2- some JAVA-based sites won't work too (basically chat sites) and every time i have to disable the shield control to be able to log in then it works fine even if I run the shield once agian.

I tried looking for a solution on these forums but i got lost fast with ur professional language guys...

I hope someone can help me.. It's really annoying to pay for something then be forced to disable it every 10 min -_-

Thank you a lot

Sam

Sam,
You haven't given much in the way of information to go on. What operating system, what browser?
Is your Avast version 2014.9.0.2008?.
If you are using Firefox as a browser, have you tried disabling the AOS extension?
If you are using IE10 or 11, do you have Enhanced Protective mode disabled?

propheticus

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »
Probably a firewall issue. Try editing the installation and remove the Avast firewall and revert to Windows' built in one. See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=141407.0

olddog

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 12:26:52 PM »
Probably a firewall issue. Try editing the installation and remove the Avast firewall and revert to Windows' built in one. See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=141407.0

Not likely to be a firewall issue if disabling shields allows it to work as indicated by the OP.

SammerKayyali

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 05:43:59 AM »
I'm sorry for not mentioning these details... i didn't really know it's important...

operating system is windows 8.1
avast version 2014.9.0.2008
Browser is Firefox
and yes i tried desactivating the avast online security extension... that didn't help...

please i need a solution for this... it's really really annoying :/

SammerKayyali

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 12:18:52 PM »
I have uninstalled Vuze (considering the time it takes to have an answer here) and installed Bitorrent...

Now I can download... but not via FF... I have to click on the download link in IE... in FF it won't work...

Still facing the same problems with java-based sites...

SammerKayyali

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 12:30:08 AM »
are there any AVAST guys writing in these forums...???????????

olddog

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 03:54:39 AM »
are there any AVAST guys writing in these forums...???????????

As far as I know it is a user to user forum. Some of the avast team will occasionally post but one can't count on it.
Whilst you wait to see whether any other user can offer a workaround or solution, I would certainly submit a support ticket directly to Avast.

Rather than disabling all the shields via the menu options when you right click on the task bar icon, have you tried turning off the Web shield only.
Avast GUI->Settings->Active protection->Click on the blue Web shield "ON" to turn it off.

Yes, it may reduce your protection a bit, but if the file System shield does its job properly, it should stop any virus that might be downloaed from the web from becoming active.  My guess is that you purchased your computer so you could use it to do your own things, not so you could spend heaps of time tryiong to get an antivirus program to behave itself, and if you can achieve that by dropping the web shield, then so be it.  Another alternative is to see whether other AV products let you do what you want to do.