Author Topic: why does avast 2014 collects information?  (Read 11258 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: why does avast 2014 collects information?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 12:33:25 AM »
...."By the way your ISP has a record on every website you have ever visited.".... By the way my ISP  has no record on every website I visited. I'm the one who decide what and when they record any website!  Did you ever heard about TOR?

This is getting way off topic.
Here is a review from MIT concerning TOR http://www.technologyreview.com/view/519186/security-flaw-shows-tor-anonymity-network-dominated-by-botnet-command-and-control/
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

kodl

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 08:08:31 PM »
Cast, NO they do NOT!

kodl

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »
Para-Noid, I read that article and I still saying the same thing: When I'm using TOR, my ISP do not know nothing where I'm, what I'm doing......Of course, You have to update TOR every time when a new more secure version is available. Period.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 11:14:43 PM »
If you think you are completely anonymous online you are either...

A) Naive
B) Foolish
C) Or both

The NSA and the British GCHQ have had the ability to intercept web traffic for years.
Not to mention the CIA, MI5 and Mossad.

They can track your every move. Someone, somewhere knows what you are doing online.

Privacy does not exist on the internet.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

ram1220

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 12:01:49 AM »
If you think you are completely anonymous online you are either...

A) Naive
B) Foolish
C) Or both

The NSA and the British GCHQ have had the ability to intercept web traffic for years.
Not to mention the CIA, MI5 and Mossad.

They can track your every move. Someone, somewhere knows what you are doing online.

Privacy does not exist on the internet.

Maybe what you say is true. But I don't need my AV to spy on me. And I am sure others feel the same way. Just because others do it doesn't make Avast in the right.

kodl

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 05:50:11 PM »
I'm not naive! I'm trying to be much protected as I can be. For example: My computer is disconnected from net all the time. ONLY when I need to go online, I'm allow it! Over the night, my modem is disconnected, my computer is without power.....those kind of things. All together I'm doing what I can to make me SAFER. Avast firewall is not real firewall after all. They (Avast) let ANY incoming and outgoing traffic go thru, without people to restrict WHAT and WHO enter computer. I'm not talking about applications (installed programs), I'm talking about NETWORK traffic.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 07:35:13 PM »
Have you created any firewall rules?
I use Comodo Firewall and have no issues with
either inbound or outbound firewall rules.

Have you created HIPS rules with avast firewall?
I use the free version so I don't know how to do this.

kodl

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 05:53:41 PM »
There is NOTHING in version 8.0.1497 what can let you restrict ANY incoming and outgoing NETWORK traffic going thru Avast firewall. That's mean, Avast firewall is NOT real firewall! Take a look on pictures in my previous post. They do not know WHO is it, but let it enter my computer? Are Avast guys skipping theirs morning pills, or what?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »
Actually there is. The only problem I have is...I use free.
May I suggest you start your own thread with the
topic "avast firewall rules".

kodl

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »
Thank you for your suggestion. What different it is make to start a new thread?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 08:14:41 PM »
What different it is make to start a new thread?
Because your discussion about firewalls is not related to this topic.

timcan

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 11:58:43 PM »
I'm not naive! I'm trying to be much protected as I can be. For example: My computer is disconnected from net all the time. ONLY when I need to go online, I'm allow it! Over the night, my modem is disconnected, my computer is without power.....those kind of things. All together I'm doing what I can to make me SAFER. Avast firewall is not real firewall after all. They (Avast) let ANY incoming and outgoing traffic go thru, without people to restrict WHAT and WHO enter computer. I'm not talking about applications (installed programs), I'm talking about NETWORK traffic.

Hi,regarding your first screenshot ,
Start -> Run: services.msc

Then do this for SSDP Discovery Service, and Universal Plug n' Prey. Select the service, right-click properties, stop the service, and disable the service.
hope that helps.

kodl

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2014, 06:54:23 PM »
Thanx, I already did that.