Author Topic: Offline installation  (Read 2073 times)

tverskoj

Offline installation
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »
How to install Avast Free 2014 to the computer without internet? When I'm trying, the installer doesn't work anyway, it wants to connect to the server.
There are the same topics on this forum, where it's advised to download the full version of the installer, but it relates to the older versions of the antivirus, and I haven't found it on the site for the latest one.
Probably, a problem like this should be added to the FAQ.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Offline installation
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »
You can download the full versions here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=139606.msg1018608

tverskoj

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 06:09:13 PM »
Thanks. But I wonder, why is it so difficult to put all the linkes on the site? They were there before.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »
Thanks. But I wonder, why is it so difficult to put all the linkes on the site? They were there before.

The online installer only installs the needed files. For example, if you were using a x32 OS, it wouldn't download the x64 files. On top of that, the online installer is up to date and can save internet data by only downloading the components you need (custom install)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •