Author Topic: Game load error  (Read 1141 times)

littlelady

Game load error
« on: December 06, 2013, 02:09:30 PM »
My husband and I had the same error when trying to load some of our games on different days.  We both have the same identical computers with Win7. We both have Avast and have had updated to the most current version. After hours and hours of troubleshooting, I realized that it was the avast firewall causing havoc with my games and internet, I then uninstalled the avast firewall only.  I have been running smoothly since.  date of issue 11-30-2013
However, My husband still cannot connect to the game update server.  He was running his game perfectly up until the morning of 12-5-2013.  There wasnt a thing that was done to the computer overnight that would explain it.  I understood his error that he was getting and new that it was the firewall (from experience of my computer).  I uninstalled the avast firewall only.  He wasn't running the current version of avast so I updated that as well, thinking that might be the problem.  It wasn't.  we now have uninstalled avast, ran ccleaner to clear out lingering items of avast and other items, rebooted the computer. Still nothing.  He uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and still cannot connect to the game server.  I am leaning towards avast as the issue because that was the only thing that had changed on his computer.
Was/is there something that was missed in the cleanup?

Any assistance would be very appreciated.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Game load error
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:45:42 PM »
did you try avast uninstall tool?

avast.com > support > downloads > uninstall utility

littlelady

Re: Game load error
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 11:57:40 PM »
thanks for the advise on the uninstaller tool.  I didn't know there was one out there. ...but I guess I should have waited until today to post.  Problem has been resolved.   I ran the updater again on Avast and it must have found something that was it missing.  I disabled the firewall as on mine and we are up and running. (so, far flawlessly).

Kind regards.