Author Topic: Why is Avast Support Selling Remote Assistance for $179/yr?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline bdisalvio

Why is Avast Support Selling Remote Assistance for $179/yr?
« on: December 06, 2013, 07:08:38 AM »
I just called the support line and got a sales pitch to buy remote support for $179 a year.  After telling me how my bios should be updated every six months, which is clearly "bull", he tried selling me the remote support package.  While I am open to any company finding new ways to generate revenue, at least it should be done with true statements from reputable reps.  This has made me have a mush lower opinion of Avast, and I think they should reconsider this unethical method of revenue generation.  It appears from my online search that this is happening ot others calling the support line too.  I would rather they just be honest and charge for any support rather than have these reps give phony reasons to get an order.

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Why is Avast Support Selling Remote Assistance for $179/yr?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 01:07:59 PM »
Because the telephone support is provided by a 3rd party service not directly by avast.

This is not an additional avast product.

Avast have fired one previous 3rd party telephone support company, for my view they should be doing the same with this one. But I'm just an avast user like yourself.

So if you want help with the problem that you phoned support for, please create a new topic in the avast! Free/Pro/Suite forum and we will try to help.

Personally I wouldn't touch telephone support but come directly to the avast support forum.
WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ avast! free 18.5.2342/ Firefox ESR, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ DropMyRights/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 19.7.2388 (build: 19.7.4674.494)/ WinPatrol+/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ WinPatrol+/