Author Topic: VBS: Malware [script]  (Read 24228 times)

namkradbiartners

VBS: Malware [script]
« on: March 11, 2003, 10:35:36 AM »
Hi

I have Avast displaying the virus warning "VBS: Malware [script] and have deleted it using Avast.
I am however, unsure about this virus's true identity and whether it could still be present on my system.
Any ideas as to what ACTION I should take?

Phil

kareld

Re:VBS: Malware [script]
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 12:17:13 PM »
Hi Phil,
   VBS:Malware [script] is a generic name for a lot of different Visual Basic scripts, that  Avast detects with one method. Without the particular file it's unpossible to tell which one it was.
    Try to scan your whole disk, with options scan whole files and scan all files. If there is another known part of this virus, Avast should find it, too.

Seamus Warren

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 11:26:38 PM »
Avast discovered "Malware" on my system only last night. :)

makaveli

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2003, 04:33:45 PM »
Hi im using windows xp. When I was on the internet avast reported I was infected with the vbs  malware script. How could I get this as i did not download anything just looked at a webpage. I then went to delete it and it said it couldnt delete thet the file was in use. I then ran avast and did a full check but it did not find it. Was it a hoax if any one can help please reply thanks

Ellis

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2003, 04:50:23 PM »
It is difficult to say, due to the "naming" problematic of Avast. ;-) Maybe you load a webpage, which contain some Visual basic scripts. Maybe one script was a bit "dangerous".  The script  was saved in your temp. internet folder and after closeing your Browser the file maybe was deleted.
MfG Ralf

shooter

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 12:55:12 PM »
Don't worry i you have deleted with avast ther is no way that its still on your harddisk.

A few weaks ago i have the same problem, and avast deleted succesfully

greetz shooter