Author Topic: Avast 2014 wont install on brand new Windows 7 install  (Read 4211 times)

Avast 2014 wont install on brand new Windows 7 install
« on: December 06, 2013, 09:25:55 AM »
Avast will not install. I downloaded the latest version,

Ran the setup. Unchecked chrome and chose custom install. I chose the options I wanted, everything checked but secureline and avast gadget.

Went to install it. It gets to the end, wants to run a quick scan, and then I click done.

It now freezes the entire machine and I need to manually reboot.

This is unacceptable.  No other software, just windows and (Trying to be) Avast.

Win 7 64 bit sp1

Ijkoy

Re: Avast 2014 wont install on brand new Windows 7 install
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
Avast will not install. I downloaded the latest version,

Ran the setup. Unchecked chrome and chose custom install. I chose the options I wanted, everything checked but secureline and avast gadget.

Went to install it. It gets to the end, wants to run a quick scan, and then I click done.

It now freezes the entire machine and I need to manually reboot.

This is unacceptable.  No other software, just windows and (Trying to be) Avast.

Win 7 64 bit sp1

Under which conditions does the freeze occur. Every time you do a quick scan, on every boot?

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:59:57 AM »
As stated above, I try to install, and it goes through the install process. I get to the finished screen, and it has a big button that says done. Below that it says it is going to do a quick scan of my pc. I click done, and complete freeze occurs.

Ijkoy

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
As stated above, I try to install, and it goes through the install process. I get to the finished screen, and it has a big button that says done. Below that it says it is going to do a quick scan of my pc. I click done, and complete freeze occurs.

Yeah thats what you said, but after reboot, what happens then?

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 11:32:09 AM »
Nothing happens, avast cannot start. More freezing. Its very frustrating. I have already tried avasts removal utility and just now tried to reinstall it. Nothing.

It keeps locking the whole system up.

Ijkoy

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 01:24:11 PM »
Nothing happens, avast cannot start. More freezing. Its very frustrating. I have already tried avasts removal utility and just now tried to reinstall it. Nothing.

It keeps locking the whole system up.

Yo have to be a bit more precise here.

1. With Avast installed, does your system freeze without doing anything after you entered windows?

2. With Avast installed, does your system freeze without doing anything after you entered windows in safe mode?

3. Without Avast installed, does your system freeze without doing anything after you entered windows?

4. Did you execute the avast removal tool in safe mode?

guestja

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 01:26:07 PM »
129.. after you uninstalled it did you try to re download a new version of Avast?

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 07:37:02 PM »
1.) It freezes after login.
2.) It does not occur in safe mode of course. Only windows is loaded in safe mode.
3.) Yes I did try redownloading a fresh copy from this website. I also tried formatting and reinstalling windows. No luck.
4.) I have ran the removal tool in safe mode like it tells you too.

The problem is def. Avast. Someone I know tried to update to the latest version and they get the same thing.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:40:19 PM by 129260 »

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 04:55:58 AM »
I have installed panda cloud antivirus as a temp solution but I really miss avast...

Any more ideas?