Author Topic: How to disable safezone  (Read 4178 times)

kmxsoft

How to disable safezone
« on: December 06, 2013, 12:00:47 PM »
I am getting really ticked off with safezone. It keeps putting an orange banner at the top of the web page advising that I should switch to safezone. I don't want to, but the damn banner comes back on the next page and hides links and buttons at the top.

I would like to get rid of safezone. Have unchecked the checkbox for visiting banking sites, and the list is empty. But it still refuses to stop popping up. If this continues I will be removing avast from the laptop and replacing it with another product.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to disable safezone
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 12:59:12 PM »
You should be able to uninstall that element:
Control Panel > Programs and Features > select avast! antivirus - click the Uninstall/Change button (or right click avast! antivirus select Uninstall/Change). From the new window, select the Change option, you should now have a list of all avast elements, uncheck the Safe Zone and OK your way out. You may need to reboot to have the changes take effect.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

kmxsoft

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 03:02:55 PM »
Thanks - easy when you know how!

I can't believe that safezone is so crippled that it can't remember that you have just chosen NOT to use safezone on a site. Ignore the advisory panel, it stays in the way. Close the advisory panel, it comes back on the next page for the web site. And all the while it is sitting on top of links/buttons at the top of the web page, making most sites unusable. And I don't understand why there is no option to disable it in the avast control panel! It just gets in your face and makes using the Internet very frustrating.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 04:31:13 PM »
You're welcome.

Unfortunately I only use the avast free version so I can't check out why the decision NOT to use safe zone for a specific site isn't saved after closing.

There is some basic information on the SafeZone in the Help file > AvastUI > Help > Support > Program Help - I don't know if that might be more detailed in the version of avast that you have, as this is all I have on my avast fre help file.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security