Author Topic: Help  (Read 7137 times)

Fluke

Help
« on: October 09, 2003, 10:39:55 AM »
Couple of thing . How do I permantly disable p2p service, Instant message service and do I need internet Mail service running as I use Outlook Express if I dont need internet mail sevice then how do I permantly disable that...

ts

Re:Help
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 12:43:25 PM »
Hi,

as of version .278(?) and later you can remove resident providers through the "control panel -> add/remove software" applet. This might be the best way to remove the providers.

HTH,
  ts :)

BTW: You might want to have a look at some of the forum's posts - there were many discussion of how to remove/disable providers...

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 01:51:58 PM »
Yes, you need Internet Mail running when you use Outlook Express.

Fluke

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 07:19:48 PM »
Thanks People...
6 times I have remove p2p and instant messaging from control panel and 6 times it has restarted and replaced the whole program... Any idea's anyone ??????

Jarron

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 08:04:07 PM »
Just to add to what Vojtech said; you do need internet mail running for Outlook Express, but not the Outlook/Excange provider.

I also can't get rid of P2P, etc.  Like you say it seems to work fine using the control panel, then after reboot it goes on the internet and tells me new version 4.1.278 is available (I'm already on 4.1.280, and reinstalling just tells me I'm already up to date), then after the next reboot all the providers are back.  It looks like it's attempting a self repair or something.

For now I've given up and am just leaving the extra providers there, but terminated, until someone has other suggestions.

W98SE

Jarron

Fluke

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2003, 08:12:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply M8... Atleast it's not just me

mantra

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2003, 08:16:38 PM »
yes here is the same
i can't to turn off (un install them)!!!

Jarron

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2003, 08:46:54 PM »
Hi Mantra,

I see you had described the problem in a previous thread.  Sorry I missed it, I should have read through all the other threads first.  I'm just getting confused with all the new threads.

Jarron

Jarron

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 12:21:15 AM »
Still no solution to uninstalling providers after the last build?  I tried iit again, still reinstalls after reboot.

Fluke

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 12:06:26 AM »
oh

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 03:45:31 AM »
Still no solution to uninstalling providers after the last build?  I tried iit again, still reinstalls after reboot.

Vlk, please, this feature was working perfectly... What's up?
CanĀ“t the user desinstall some providers from Control Panel applet?
Why does the provider be enable after the correct disable from the icon?  8)
The best things in life are free.