Author Topic: "Scan History" Question...  (Read 3870 times)

mwsoft

"Scan History" Question...
« on: December 07, 2013, 07:14:50 PM »
Saturday, December 7th, 2013 @ 10:13 AM, [GMT-0800], Day of year = 341

Why, in 'Scan History,' is the box on the right titled 'Detailed report' always dim, no matter what scan I do?  :)

Rohugh

Re: "Scan History" Question...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 07:22:29 PM »
Click one of the scans above that to highlight it and the button "lights up" so you can click it - at least it does for me.  :)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 07:25:37 PM »
Click one of the scans above that to highlight it and the button "lights up" so you can click it - at least it does for me.  :)

+1  ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:29:04 PM by schmidthouse »

mwsoft

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 07:31:33 PM »

oh poop.... I tried that the first day. I now have many daily scans to choose from, and none does anything to the 'Detailed Report' button. It's always dim. :(
Linda

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 07:35:00 PM »
As I replied in your other thread, unless something is detected that button will remain "inactive".
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 07:40:21 PM »
As I replied in your other thread, unless something is detected that button will remain "inactive".

It will also show Files that could not be scanned and for what reason in  "Detailed Report"  :)

Rohugh

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 07:43:50 PM »
It will also show Files that could not be scanned and for what reason in  "Detailed Report"  :)

Yep,  that is why mine is clickable as I always have a few files that couldn't be scanned.  I guess it is obvious that there will be no detailed report if there is ...... er........ nothing to report.  :D

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 07:48:54 PM »
I guess it is obvious that there will be no detailed report if there is ...... er........ nothing to report.  :D

Correct!  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

mwsoft

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 08:25:17 PM »
I guess it is obvious that there will be no detailed report if there is ...... er........ nothing to report.  :D

Correct!  8)
[/quote

My "Detailed report" button is ALWAYS dim, even a few weeks ago when I had many files that avast could not open. It would say "Some files could not be scanned" but the "Detailed report" button was dim.