Author Topic: Can't run java on any browser  (Read 6068 times)

stkilda

Can't run java on any browser
« on: December 04, 2013, 03:01:33 PM »
Hi there!

I've got the 2014 version of Avast. The matter is I can't run apps on any browser, I mean, while Avast is working, Avast doesn't allow run java apps. For example, http://java.com/es/download/installed.jsp. When I switch off Avast, everything is working properly. The question is: How may I run Java and Avast at the same time?

Much appreciated.

SammerKayyali

Re: Can't run java on any browser
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 05:41:04 PM »
yeah same problem here too and i've been posting for about a week with no real answer...
try to post your operating system, name of ur browsers, and whether you disabled avast online security extension... guys will no doubt ask you to do so...
btw i tried disabling it and it didn't help... dunno if it will work for you...
hope to get a solution for OUR problem!!

dmetras

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
Have you tried running the browser in Sandbox mode? That might let you use Java.

propheticus

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 11:15:42 PM »
Same issue here, java only loads when shields are off. (win 8.1 pro / Chrome)

stkilda

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 11:24:03 AM »
Thank you guys for your inputs ... OS: Windows 7 + any browser. It doesn't work on IE11, Chrome and Firefox neither. When Avast is disabled, the Java apps are running faster; when shields are on ... everything is stopped. Don't know how can I fix this issue ... Hope not to have change the software 'cause Avast is great.

Regards.

Jack 1000

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 11:54:58 AM »
Thank you guys for your inputs ... OS: Windows 7 + any browser. It doesn't work on IE11, Chrome and Firefox neither. When Avast is disabled, the Java apps are running faster; when shields are on ... everything is stopped. Don't know how can I fix this issue ... Hope not to have change the software 'cause Avast is great.

Regards.

I just tried the English version of the Java verification installer at Java.com's site and that worked.  Windows XP here.

Jack
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:57:51 AM by Jack 1000 »

stkilda

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 12:24:50 PM »
I've already tried that ... it doesn't work neither ...

SammerKayyali

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 12:50:15 AM »
sadly the only working solution for me is to drop down all shields... and still no answer frm any avast guys...
sad to be obliged to do so when you have paid for this service... makes you wanna think twice before you renew your avast key  >:(

propheticus

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »
Try changing the installation and removing the Firewall part of Avast if you're using >= Internet Security

stkilda

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 03:19:31 PM »
sadly the only working solution for me is to drop down all shields... and still no answer frm any avast guys...
sad to be obliged to do so when you have paid for this service... makes you wanna think twice before you renew your avast key  >:(

Fully agree with you ... Where r u Avast support????

stkilda

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »
Try changing the installation and removing the Firewall part of Avast if you're using >= Internet Security

Already tried .... and still wating for a fix ... how the things are going I'm gonna change the software ... 30 days tops.

dmetras

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 09:19:40 AM »
Hi there!

I've got the 2014 version of Avast. The matter is I can't run apps on any browser, I mean, while Avast is working, Avast doesn't allow run java apps. For example, http://java.com/es/download/installed.jsp. When I switch off Avast, everything is working properly. The question is: How may I run Java and Avast at the same time?

Much appreciated.

Um, I just checked the link you provided. Everything in Avast IS is enabled for me, and it worked. Which means the issue's either been fixed, or there's some other culprit.

Do you have any other examples?

propheticus

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 12:45:27 PM »
stkilda, have you updated Avast to the latest version?  9.0.2008 from within the program (settings -> update) or 9.0.2009betaR2 (via forum, don't enable/run grimefighter though it's not needed / bloatware)

stkilda

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »
stkilda, have you updated Avast to the latest version?  9.0.2008 from within the program (settings -> update) or 9.0.2009betaR2 (via forum, don't enable/run grimefighter though it's not needed / bloatware)

Hello again folks.

I've updated Avast to 9.0.2008 versiĆ³n and everything has been fixed. Don't know how or why or what was going wrong with the 9.0.2006 version. The fact is now I'm able to run Java apps on any browser. Many thanks to all. So from now, all of you that are suffering the same issue, please update your old 2006 version to 2008 version. After that, the software should works properly.

Best regards and see u around!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:29:38 PM by stkilda »